Wednesday, August 1, 2007

At the end of the day, all is well

My day is finally coming to a close. All the children are tucked safely into their beds and I can now relax!! You know when you just have days like that, on the run and without a moment to yourself, that was today. Don't get me wrong, a fun day, a good run in the morning, lunch spent with family, and then Hayley and sweet Emily came by to visit leading into the evening sprint of dinner, clean-up and bed time routine. As stated before, now I can slow down, yeah!
I have been a single parent for the last 48 hours as Paul worked all day yesterday, came home worked through the evening and then went back to work from 10:00pm until 6:00am, only to return to work at 10:00am and come home and sleep from 5:00pm until 8:00pm. Hopefully he has everything under control again and he can now relax as well!!!
The only thing exciting that I can share with everyone is how excited my girls were to see the street in front of us get torn up yesterday and today in preparation for the Gray water coming into the city. They sat at the front window for a long time this morning completely fascinated.


This newest layout was fun, because it brought to memory our trip down to the Strawberry Day's carnival with the Conroy's back in June. We had a wonderful time, but the picture that I love the most is of all four girls in the jeep(click the layout and look closely at it!) It was like fast forwarding 10 years and seeing Taryn driving Shea, Abby, and Liv around town cruising for guys in a jeep taking a turn up on two wheels!! Everyone laughs but we all know it is exactly what we will be seeing in the not so distant future!!!


Tomorrow is my stay at home and clean day. I don't usually look forward to this day but as Audrey and I said this afternoon, sometimes it is good to just stay at home and get everyone back on the routine again!
love to all!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

You have done it again! What a great layout. I love the frame you used for the photo of Abby & the cotton candy, and the copper staples. Very cute papers too. Hopefully the tractors will be active today to entertain the girls so you can snatch a few quiet moments - even if it is only to clean.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing Abby and Liv just staring out the window! And I love Liv's little bob on top of her head! The scrapbook page is so cute and I can't wait to see how it's done in a couple of days. As far as the jeep picture goes, it's true... it really does happen. At least YOU are the ones driving them around for now!

Jennifer said...

Ugn, yes days like you had yesterday are truly difficult. Hopefully you were able to clean today; that always makes me feel better. We did a bit of mopping and scrubbing today, too, and it just feels good to walk around in a nice, clean house. Cute layout, as always! Thanks again for my blog topper--it's perfect.