Monday, August 13, 2007

Weekend Warriors

Wow, it feels like I haven't blogged in a long time!! I know you all have missed me dearly!! So I will catch you up on what we have been doing here at the house. On Saturday we decided that we couldn't go another minute with those old broken, dirty, and rusty sinks and faucets in our bathrooms. As always we thought it wouldn't take much effort, it's just a face lift right? However, after picking out our new stuff at home depot and starting the installation, Paul decided that since he was going to have to move the cabinet in the master anyway, he might as well take it outside, sand it down and put on a new coat of polly(the finish was in a pretty sorry state!). After that had dried, he went to install the faucet we had purchased only to realize that the new counter top was cut for a three piece one instead of the single one we decided on! So back to the store and another faucet later we were on to the next bathroom, only to discover that the new sink was about a half an inch bigger than the old one! So Paul being the handy man that he is, traced the new sink pattern on the top and proceeded to cut the soap stone with is jig saw! This made me very nervous but it worked beautifully and now we have a new sink and faucet in that room as well. I couldn't be more pleased to have checked off one of our many items on the to do list in this house!!! Here are some shots of the finished projects (well, I still have to paint around the new back splash in the master, but you get the idea!!)

I also have a layout for you. This is Liv's pool layout, I used some fun hibiscus flower's as well as some glitter splashes. I like the finished look. This was a template by Jaana Saker that I altered a bit.


Hope you all have a great day!

7 comments:

JJ said...

Great job on the bathrooms! I know that you wanted to get those finished and I'm glad you got the opportunity to do so. They look awesome - can't wait to see them in person.

Jennifer said...

I love your new faucets! You guys always do such cute things to your homes. I also can't wait to see them in person.

Paulene Davis said...

Wow, you made great progress this weekend. The sinks look wonderful. Your layout is fabulous. I love the sparkle paisleys and especially love the progressive photos of Liv. Her face is so expressive and playful. The pages made me smile.

Audrey said...

The faucets you chose are beautiful. You have a wonderful home. And you page is great. The colors and embellishments really compliment Liv's suit. Very very cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow! you are so lucky to have such a handy husband. I wish I did.

Amber said...

Paul is just saving the day all over the place... first with the bees, now with the sink repair... I really like that about him. The sinks look really good!

Linda Clark said...

Way to go Paul...I am impressed that Bree is able to check off some of those "honey-dos" that we wives sometimes only dream about! I love seeing your pages and keeping up with your terrific family.