Sunday, August 5, 2007

Thank you, Thank you

I must begin this post by giving my many thanks and gratitude to my wonderful little brother Trace and his sweet girlfriend Amber.
(sorry Amber this is the only picture I have of the two of you!!!!!!! I give you full permission to post a picture of equal value of me on your blog! And I know that Trace can supply plenty of them!!! :)

They volunteered their Saturday evening to come and play with my children so that Paul and I could have a much needed night out with friends. How lucky I am to have such wonderful family(I know it wasn't Trace's ideal Saturday plans!! Thanks for the push Amber!! sorry I didn't have any baking yeast for the dough!) who continually give me so much love and support, right when I need it the most. It also helps with the evening when the girls are so very excited to have "Ammer" come and play. Thanks again guys!!!

We had a great time out with our dear friends Dave and Michelle (we missed you Jerianne and Kelly!) who introduced us to a new Italian restaurant in Salt Lake called Sette Bello. As you all know Paul and Dave served their missions together in Rome Italy(I know, small world that we moved in next door to each other!) and it was like stepping back in time for them. Let me step back a little and explain that for the entire duration of our six and a half year marriage at least three times a month Paul has craved a Margarita Pizza. Now this could not just be any pizza claiming to be a Margarita Pizza, but an authentic one that you can only get in Rome or outlying areas. So to walk in and see the fire oven from his past and two chef's that came from Italy making a pizza in true Italian fashion with all imported ingredients, well it was like a little piece of heaven to him!! Not only did he order his Margarita Pizza, but he had a second made up to take home, but he couldn't help himself and ate both! I am sure we will be frequenting this restaurant in the future! Thanks again Dave and Michelle for the in. We then saw the new Bourne Ultimatum movie. I really liked it, but I wish for the life of me I could remember the second one!!! I will be watching that one tomorrow night to catch myself up!! But a good show, I always love a good action suspense film, I would recommend it to any of you.

So today was a usual lazy Sunday which included my favorite pass time of Scrapbooking, here are the results from today -


I have to say that since starting this blog and setting a goal to complete a layout a day, I sure have made great progress, I am only one month behind now in all three books! High five to digital scrapping and making the creative process sooo quick and easy!!!

Hope you all had a great weekend - We say a sad goodbye to Jess and Brandon as well as Audrey and family, we had a great time while you were in town! Hopefully it won't be a long before we get together again.

4 comments:

Amber said...

The picture is fantastic. You totally know how I feel about it. We look like a very dazed & confused couple... just as long as people don't see us as that, you can post any picture of us you want! But seriously... I look so utterly fabulous it is just a good thing I like your brother so much, or else he would be in for some serious competition! Ha ha ha.
It was soooo fun to babysit and I am so glad Trace concented to humoring me and coming along- we had a lot of fun (well, I know I did). And if you ever need me to come over again, please don't hesitate to ask- even when Trace goes up to school. I love playing with my little girlfrieds. They are adorable and brighten my day!

Jessica said...

I was a blast to hang out with you guys. Your girls are darling. I'm glad Paul found some authentic food. He became really picky after his mission. I'll never forget the look on his face and lecture I got when I opened a can of Spaghetti-O's. We miss you guys! Oh, and by the way, Brandon has not stop talking about Paul eating bats for dinner.

Jennifer said...

Well, Amber I only wish I looked that good w/o makeup. I'm seen Bree w/o it, also, and of course, she also looks just fine.
That's awesome about the authentic Italian place. That makes for a happy Paul. Now if we can just find an authentic Argentine place...:-)Brandon's raved about these milanesa sandwiches for years. He can make milanesa, which is fabulous, but he says the sandwiches he used to buy from ladies on the street were the best.

Audrey said...

Yay for Paul! We will put it on the list the next time we are in town. Sounds fabulous. and as usual, your pages are great! I love the way you used that kit, and the small photos down the side of the big one of Liv. Thanks for posting them, it makes it so easy for me to scraplift - ha ha. We miss you.