Saturday, August 25, 2007

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice.....

I was able to attend my sweet, sweet, sister-in-law's baby shower this morning. Bethany is my brother Kelly's wife and she was just beaming with joy, so radiant and excited for the big day. She is due on September 12, but as everyone around me(except for my only true friend Julie :)!!!)she will probably go early! She is having a girl (yeah!) and they have decided to name her Eden, isn't that just the cutest name, fits them perfectly. She received so many wonderfully adorable pink and ruffly items that as a girl, and mom of girls, I just couldn't get enough of. Every gift she opened followed up with a lot of Ohhh's and Ahhh's. Little girl things are just too cute. And if you will all indulge me for a moment I just have to post a picture of the gift that I and several of my family (Shamae, Hillary, Mom, Jill) all went in on for her. I thought Hillary and Jill would like to see what we gave her!! Isn't this paper just too cute!


And I have to admit that I think this card that I made turned out so cute, one of my favorites to date. It was very fun to get out all my old scrappin stuff and do it "old school"! I just love that the inner tag pulls out with the message on it!(Thank you close to my heart catalog for the idea). But the cutest part to me is that I popped up the little dress for some three dimensional action, love it! Paul just told me that I was such a nerd when I showed it to him!!!


It was great to see a lot of my family, and tell stories, eat good food and just have a relaxing Saturday, because Paul was at home with all three of my girls, giving me a much needed break.

That is all for now, we are headed up to the Davis' for Will's birthday celebration BBQ, it should be a good time.
Love ya all!

3 comments:

Linda Clark said...

I would suggest telling Paul he is just jealous because he doesn't make cards, but then I wouldn't offend him, he tended the girls for your day away! (Which I know he doesn't mind doing anytime) I so admire your creativity, beautiful card!

Amber said...

I really really loved that card! So cute! And it was fun to see you on Saturday. Thanks for letting me stay and play for a bit! How did dinner go btw?

Jennifer said...

Yes, that paper really was cute, and you always make such great cards. You really are quite creative and talented, you know.