Friday, August 10, 2007

Take me out to the ball game!

We all had a wonderful time last night out supporting Paul in his first ever organized baseball game. Leave it to Paul to get up for his first time at bat and almost hit it out of the park!! He not only got on base but brought in two runners.



This of course didn't surprise me one bit, he has always been very good at anything he tries, especially when it comes to sports! The event was great fun and pretty close the whole game but in the end they just ran out of time and ended with a 12-10 for the other team. I think that is pretty good considering it was the first time these guys had ever played together or even met for that matter! The girls can't wait until next Thursday when they can go and cheer their daddy on again (they had absolutely no idea what he was doing out there, but Abby sure loved that he had the number 15 on his back!!)


And don't mind how filthy the girls are, they just spent the entire game sliding on their tummys up and down the bleachers.

I took what I thought would be some great shots of Paul but I didn't realize the camera was focusing on the chain link fence :(, oh well next week maybe I can tweak it a bit and capture the look of focus and determination on his face!!


As for today, the girls and I went shoe shopping for Abby, she has started growing again and now doesn't fit into any of her shoes! I have found that it is the absolute worst time of the year to try and by dress shoes! Every store is completely full of casual wear for back to school. Three stores later we had to settle on the only pair available in her size, they are cute, just not what I had in mind. I will look at the bright side, as Abby goes, she will grow out of those in a couple of weeks anyway! It is no wonder that Liv never gets to pick out new shoes, Abby always has completely brand new ones to pass down!! So today, Liv was so sad not to be getting her own pair that I caved and let her pick out a new pair of crocks. She was just thrilled and almost wouldn't take them off for her nap!
So now I am off to put together a new dinner. I was watching one of my favorite programs, 30 minute meals, and decided to try the "Deep dish Carbanara pizza". Sound right up Paul's alley doesn't it! Wish me luck on the dinner experiment!!

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Way to go Paul! How fun for the girls to watch their hero of a Dad. I feel your pain about shoes! (and tap shoes, ballet slippers, and now soccer cleats.) Hope dinner was good!

Paulene Davis said...

Sounds like a very fun evening. I was glad to read about the ball game and how well Paul did. I have always loved to watch Paul play any kind of sport. The girls will remember these fun times. It sounds like I missed a good one.

Jessica said...

I remember playing under the bleachers at all of Paul's basketball games. It sounds like you guys had fun. The fence looks great in the pictures! :)

Jennifer said...

Good job, Paul! It is lots of fun to cheer daddies on in their endeavors, I'm glad you all had fun.

Linda Clark said...

I remember funs outings with my kids to watch Dale play ball...aren't you glad you have "super-mom" powers to keep up with the game and also watch all the action on the bleachers! I agree, Paul and sports are always a great match!