Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Baking Soda, Benadryl and the Bee's


Yesterday afternoon Liv was stung by a bee for the third time in three weeks(and the last two days in a row!). She has been getting stung every time she tries to come in the house from the backyard. At least we know she isn't allergic like me! The stair way is lined with bushes and we have had some suspicions that there was a nest in them. Well seeing her cute little sad puppy dog eyes for the third time did me in (here she is showing me the place on her hand where she was stung). After a dose of medicine and covering the wound with a baking soda paste I decided something had to be done about this. So last night at sundown Paul was brave enough to take out the shrubs. Sure enough he found the biggest bee hive we had ever seen, only it wasn't in the bushes but attached to the railing on the back side!! Now it made perfect sense why she was always getting stung, she holds on to the rail when she climbs the stairs and put her sweet little fingers right next to the hive every time!!!! Poor thing. Thanks to Paul for taking care of it last night so that the girls can go out and play in safety, as well as myself! I also have to admit that it was slightly entertaining to watch Paul spray the hive and then squeal and run for cover as the bee's dive bombed him, hee, hee, hee! I should have taken a picture of that!

Speaking of Liv, isn't she just a doll getting her hair cut for the first time at the salon! After this one is printed I plan to attach a little swatch of her hair in an envelope in the upper right hand corner.


Have a great "Bee Attack" free Day!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Poor Liv! We went outside and played when I was over on Saturday and I am so glad she didn't get stung then! I hope she is doing better. Give her a hug and a kiss for me. And good job Paul... super hero!

Paulene Davis said...

I haven't checked blogs for a few days. I loved reading your entries and catching up on your family. I am glad that my big strong boy took care of the bees. I am sure that it has been a worry to you. Your pages are great and of course your girls are wonderful. .

Joel, Julie, and Maddie said...

That is funny.. not Liv getting stung, Paul running from bees.

Jennifer said...

Oh, sweet little Liv! Thank goodness she's not allergic like you, and thank goodness you haven't been stung. But, I'm glad Paul took care of it; I would have liked to see him running and squealing, however, that would have been a treat! I wouldn't have even gone near it, though, so kudos to your sweet husband!