Tuesday, January 1, 2008

She is 5

Five years ago yesterday Paul and I became parents. I can hardly believe that much time has gone by, as it truly does feel like it was yesterday. How much we didn't know and weren't prepared for! How much we were going to learn. We had no idea the amount of love we were going to have for this small and precious child entrusted in our care!



Abby is the sweetest most kind and giving child. Always wants to do what is right and feels bad when others are unhappy. She is a jewel of a first born. She helps me beyond measure around the house, doing chores(she actually tries to surprise me, with the biggest smile on her face, with a clean room, including Liv's stuff!), taking care of her sisters, and most of all crafting with me for hours on end. Many afternoons she can be heard saying "Mom, what project can we work on together today?" What more can a mother want!!!



Abby is smart and inquisitive, much to the joy of her father. Not only is she interested in what is going on around her, but really wants to know how things work or why things are done. For example, at the Christmas party slide show my parents put on, she came up to me and said "Mom, how is grandpa getting those pictures up on that wall?" I just smiled and told her to go and ask her father because he would get more joy out of that question and telling her the answer!!


Abby makes friends easily and is such a social lite!! Every day we have some neighbor or friend over so that she can host and entertain. She loves going to school, not only because of her intense desire to learn and absorb knowledge, but because there are friends there that she can't wait to share stories with and learn new jokes from. I would say she is a great mix of Paul and I!!


She is the best little shopper a mother could ever hope to have in a daughter! From the day she was born she has loved going out to shop and do lunch. My shopping trips have evolved into waiting until Paul is home so that he can stay with Liv and Eva while Abby and I hit the stores. She also loves to get new clothes, shoes, accessories and anything else girly and fun. She is a girly girl and I love every aspect of that, including all the pink, ruffles, and twirls that it brings with it.


Happy fifth birthday my sweet darling little girl! I love you so much and feel it a complete pleasure to be your mother, you bring me so much joy in this life and I have the highest hopes for your future.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful tribute to your beautiful oldest daughter. I also adore Abby, and I'm so grateful that she is a part of our big family. It was fun to see you guys today; we enjoyed visiting! Happy birthday, again, beautiful Abigail Davis! I can't believe how quickly the time has passed!

Paulene Davis said...

I loved reading about Abby and how much she means to you. She is a beautiful and special child and I love her so much. She truly makes a wonderful first daughter.

Audrey said...

I loved watching her grow up again in your post. She is a darling girl and somewhat of a celebrity in our home. Happy Birthday Abby!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday sweet Abby! I enjoy your kind and curious personality. You are admired by all who know you. XOXO

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday to Abby. I can't believe she is already 5! I liked all the pictures.

Jessica said...

Abby is a wonderful little girl. I loved the photo recap of her birthdays. Her most recent cake is really great! I'm looking forward to spending some time with you guys while we're here. Great tribute!

Linda Clark said...

That was awesome reading about Abby and getting to know her better. What a beautiful little girl. She looks so much like Paul.