Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Out on a BIG limb

Ok, so I stepped out of my comfort zone and entered a contest over at Go Digital Scrapbooking to become a Supreme Team member. It is a five week elimination contest and the first week of submission was closed on Monday with the judges announcing those who moved on last night. Can I just say that the competition was HUGE! They had no less than 132 entries, mine being one of them. I have been on pins and needles the entire weekend since I submitted my layout last Friday. And well, I am pleased to say that

I MADE THE FIRST CUT!!!!!!!!!!!

I am beyond excited! They narrowed the playing field down to 55 people for round two and I am so excited to give it another go, I just received my email with the links to the new kit and they are downloading as I write.

Here is the layout that I submitted to the first round that won me a place in the second round.
The kit is called Winter Frosting by Andrea Gold. The rules of the contest are that you can only use items from the kit given, except for a font of your choice for a title or journaling. Layout must be 12X12 and your own design, no templates.


Ok, I am off to look at the new kit and start creating! My goal, with this competition being my first ever, was just to make it out of the first round, so anything further is icing on the cake. Wish me luck, and if you could pass some of your creative juices my way, that would be great!!!!

10 comments:

Amber said...

No way!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you. And the layout you created is just beautiful. I especially love the snowflake used for the O in your title! I can't wait to see what you create next!

JJ said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! I am so proud of you. I already knew that you were that talented but it's so nice to see you getting commended for your work. May all my creative juices (whatever I have left) flow your way.

Audrey said...

Congratulations!!!!!! I knew it as soon as I saw your page. You are really good. Keep us posted!!! and sweet creative juices are coming from California for you.

Michelle said...

Look how cute that page is! I don't think I've seen anything you've done that isn't cute. I think I need classes or something!

Congrats and good luck with your next entry. I wouldn't be shocked if you won the whole thing!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! That is really exciting. Your layout is very cute and I'm sure your next one will be great. Good Luck!

Paulene Davis said...

Congratulations. You know that I am your biggest fan. Your page is outstanding. Whatever creative juices I have to offer are being sent your way. You certainly do not need them because your talent is impressive. Best of Luck.

Jessica said...

Wow! I'm very impressed, Bree; not surprised, but impressed. Your layout is fantastic, so I know you will go far. My creative juices are just in their beginning stages, so I send what I have! Good luck with the next stage!!

Linda Clark said...

You go, girl! As I've said before and apologies for repeated comments,your pages are always winners to me! Create away!

Laura said...

That is so great! I love that you have something you are so interesteed in and so stinking good at! Good luck in all of the subsequent rounds. I'm sure you will do awesome!

Tamarynn Leigh said...

That is so awesome!!! Congrats! Your layouts are always so great. I love your work! Good luck in the next round. I can't wait to see your entry!