Monday, January 28, 2008

The worst mother award now belongs to....

Yes the coveted title now belongs to me! After a wonderful afternoon yesterday of Eva finally deciding to walk at the ripe old age of 14 months I went and set her back for another month!

Here she is full of life and excitement over her new trick as she walked back and forth across the room last night. Then shortly after decided to climb up on the couch and be tricky. I for one am not a fan of this and when she tried to sit down backwards off the couch I reached over to flip her legs out and make her sit down the right direction and I heard the loudest most ear wrenching POP! She began to wail and Paul came running over asking what that was he just heard. Yes, I now fully except the worst mother in the world award!

It was bed time, and she did calm down. Her foot was responsive to movement (I was worried because it went limp) and she could feel touch so we decided to give her a dose of Ibuprofen and see what she was like in the morning. Well, we were awakened in the morning when she tried to pull herself up in bed and could not do it. She refused to put any pressure on that leg and when we touched her shin she would scream. So we took her in to the Pediatrician to have it check out. The doctor completely agreed after her exam that it must be fractured and ordered an x-ray, which Eva completely disliked and yet again, I felt like the devil as I had to hold her poor leg down on the table to get them, only for the the diagnosis to come back negative. The radiologist couldn't see any fractures and the bones looked in line on the knee and ankle although they could see swelling. So, not a brake, good. Eva still won't walk, crawl or play, without crying and there is nothing I can do about it except wait for the sprain to feel better, BAD! Dr. Frei did say that if she isn't putting pressure on it by Wed. then we should bring her back for some more X-rays. Hopefully, she is doing better by then.

This was not all, we had decided to drive up to our old pediatric office at Alta View Hospital in Sandy because I just love my Pediatrician there, despite the fact that a HUGE storm was heading in. Yes, we pretty much got stuck in the parking lot after the whole ordeal and I had to drive while Paul and some nice man helped push us up the hill! Thank heaven for wonderful family and friends who all stepped up today to help us out. Jerianne for telling me what to do in the case of a broken bone, Paulene for watching Liv, my friend Kerrie for taking Abby home with her from the car pool and then taking her over to my mom's house so that my brother Randy could watch her when we were stuck in traffic on the freeway. I am very blessed, thank you all!!

So a crazy day, but all is well. I am very happy that I didn't brake my babies leg, just severely sprained it!! Yes, the crown belongs to me!!

But just to make myself feel better, this is the picture I found on the camera when I went to download Eva's walking ones.

So this is what Paul does with the girls while I am gone lap swimming at night: Feed them chocolate and milk, then send them off to bed!! Got to love Dad's!!!

Be sure to check back because I find out tomorrow if I become a Supreme Team member over at GDS!!

5 comments:

JJ said...

What a horrific day and add "mommy guilt" to the whole soup... I am so sorry that you had such a time yesterday but I am glad to hear that Eva is going to be okay.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. I feel bad that I didn't help out more yesterday but I doubt you would want to add RSV to the soup.

Good luck tomorrow. I will be thinking about you and checking your blog!

Jennifer said...

Oh, Bree! I'm so sorry about all the craziness, but don't worry, you couldn't be the worst mother in the world if you tried! These things happen to ALL OF US!!!! I'm glad Eva's little leg isn't broken, though, and I hope she gets feeling better soon! Good luck with the contest; I'll be anxiously awaiting your results!

Amber said...

I am so glad that Eva didn't break her leg! And I don't think you need to worry about winning the worst mother in the world award. Like Jenn said, stuff like that happens to everyone. You are much too good to be anywhere near winning that award. I hope Eva gets better soon!

Kelly said...

What a day! At least she didn't fall off the couch and break her neck. Actually you should be deemed a hero. You probably just saved Eva from a life of paralysis!! I hope she is doing better.

Michelle said...

Yikes! What a freak accident. I've never seen any other bruises on your children so I can safely conclude that you are NOT the worst mother in the world.

Hope she's ok! Keep us posted.