Friday, December 28, 2007

Holiday Review

We had such a wonderful Christmas this year, well, we always have a wonderful Christmas!! How could we not with all of our families around and good friends to spend time with. We started off with the Davis party last Saturday, complete with a wonderful meal, a live nativity presentation(I wasn't able to get a picture because I was delighted to play the role of Mary, check Paulene's blog to see a picture), and great presents for everyone. It is always fun to see the anticipation on the kids faces as a beautifully wrapped present is placed in front of them!


Christmas eve we had my parents over to go and look at the lights at Thanksgiving point and then came home for hot chocolate. The girls loved talking their ears off the entire ride over in the car while the snow was coming down around us and listening to the Osmond Christmas album. It really was a fun evening and am so glad they were able to come with us.

Then the girls went to bed and Santa arrived with all his gifts. Before leaving he taped off the stairs so that the girls couldn't come down to see the gifts without us!! When the girls finally got us out of bed they were totally thrilled to see that Santa DID know that Abby wanted the pet shop house and accessories and Liv wanted the Pony Tea Pot house! Eva was happy with her new Care Bear, and baby doll, although she immediately put the binkie in her mouth, how could she remember that is what you do with it!!!!

Following all that fun we went over to my parents for the Griffiths Christmas party. It was so fun to have the entire family together this year including Hillary and Rand who made it into town from Missouri after a 17 hour drive. Trace also had Amber with him, they became officially engaged over the weekend so congratulations to them again!!! We had a great Turkey dinner, played the family trivia game, which Paul won again, yes that is 4 out of the last 7 years people!!! Then we commenced with the traditional Nativity play and the family present opening chaos!!


I have to say that I am very pleased to announce that with the Wilson's help this year I was able to get Paul a gift that he was very pleased with, the new Skil Lithium-ion hand drill. He used it three times that morning including hanging up my present, a new chandelier for the kitchen - which I just love!! Thanks again Paul!!


All in all it was a great holiday and we will continue it on Monday starting out with Abby's much anticipated Princess tea party for her 5th birthday. It should be the most exciting social event of the year!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Your chandelier is great! I love that your gifts worked together. It's the end to "Gift of the Magi" that I always wanted. See you soon!

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Audrey said...

I love your new light. Everyone looks like they had a wonderful time, and Santa was right on with the gifts. Can't wait to see you.

Paulene Davis said...

I love Christmas because of these wonderful family events. You have had some great gatherings. It does my heart good to see Paul enjoy and use his gift. I know that you love and enjoy your gift from Paul as well.

JJ said...

I'm so excited for your light and can't wait to see it in person! I'm sure you were thrilled.

I loved your pages. I just want to hug little Liv after that first one. What a little model!

Tamarynn Leigh said...

It sounds like you guys had a great holiday season! I love the chandelier...it looks great! As always, your pages look awesome. (I especially like Eva's green pj's...those are the same ones I got my girls for their Christmas pj's).

Amber said...

It was definitely the very best Christmas yet! It looks and sounds like your family had a wonderful Christmas as well. I loved seeing your girls over the break, espeically in those adorable dresses and cute hair for the picture! I love your new chandelier! It is very beautiful, and something I would buy as well! And YAY for our engagement!! I loved that you added that in your post :)

p.s. I moved back home to save money and focus entirely on school so I can finish by August, so pretty much I won't have a life anymore :) So basically what I am trying to say is if you ever need me to watch the girls, just let me know! I would love the chance to be social! :)