Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Out for the count

Sorry I have been MIA for the last week. Sickness has befallen me and my house. I need to put a Quarantine sign on the front door! Paul has been suffering from a head cold, Abby had one as well, and then last Thursday pressure started to form behind my eyes and then I had a tickle in my throat and I new what was coming - my dreaded illness that I catch if it is within a 10 mile radius- Strep! Friday afternoon my wonderful brother-in-law Steve so kindly took me into his home office, ran the test which quickly sealed my fate for the upcoming weekend. I sat at the AF wal-mart for no lest then one hour and twenty minutes to get my prescription filled (worth it
though because the drugs were only $4 on the new plan there!) with three kids and not feeling well. My down fall was swift and devastating to the whole family. By the time Paul came home from work I was on the couch under three blankets with a high fever giving me an intense case of the chills. Now as bad as this all seems, and how much I hate being sick, I was mostly upset because our only Party and get together with friends this month was that night and I was unable to go, oh well, Paul went, and took Abby, and they had a great time while I was home sweating out my fever in bed tossing and turning amid sicky dreams comprised of unnerving hallucinations!!!! Thank goodness by Sunday night I was feeling much better. It did make me think how lucky I am to live in a time that we have antibiotics available, what in the world did people to without them!!! And thank you to Paul, who reminded me to take my medication (I am one who just doesn't think to take some Advil to bring down the 103 temp, I am crazy!) and did the cooking and cleaning and child care all weekend.
With that all said I now have to jump into overdrive this week to catch up on everything that had to slide while I was out for the count. I would share all the Christmas projects that I have been working on but all the people that I have this year read the blog so alas, you will just all have to wait for the family parties to see what I am soooo excited about!!! (well some of you have already had a sneak peak!) And just to leave you with another glimpse of my life here is a picture of "Ariel" that helped to take care of me all weekend by getting up every day from Friday through Sunday, put on this crazy wig and hike her fin up so that we could see her cheeks and strut around giving me this sweet grin.


Now that did make my burdens a little lighter!

Finally here is Eva experiencing her first snow fall. Paul went out for the 10th time to clear off the dish and left the door open. She crawled out and was just laughing and grinning away as it gently fell on her head and nose.

She was so upset when I brought her back inside!
Love to all

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cute little dolls--"Ariel" and little Snow Angel Eva. I'm so sorry about the strep! Yes, thank goodness for medication, but still, it's lousy to feel so miserable. I'm glad you are doing better, though. We got your Christmas card, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! You are amazingly talented, you know. That family picture is perfect of all of you, which is so hard to do with so many people, but it really looks great! I'm excited to see the surprise Christmas stuff that you've been busy working on. I'm also excited to see you guys soon; it seems like forever since we've seen you!

JJ said...

I feel like a terrible friend. I haven't checked up on you or brought over some soup. Is there anything I can do? We sure did miss you at our party. I could have used help playing our movie trivia game (Paul said you would have been an asset to our team). Needless to say, without you, the boys won. Get better soon!

Michelle said...

Welcome back to the world! We missed you at the party -- yes, the boys won the game. (Thanks a lot Kelly Conroy!!!) We must have a re-match when you are better and you can be the female-team secret weapon!

Audrey said...

I am so sorry that you have not been well. I really hope it wasn't our fault. I have been privileged to have a sneak peak at some of your projects and you are a creative genius! Can't wait until we rotate onto your Christmas list. Take care of yourself.

Amber said...

Oh my goodness Bree! That picture of Liv has got to be the sassiest thing I have ever seen! I started laughing out loud (and I am at work) when I saw it! It is just adorable! And I am so sorry that you have been feeling sick! You should have called me- I would have come and taken the girls so you could sleep! If you're ever sick again, please remember that! Wow... that picture still makes me smile!

Linda Clark said...

Glad you are feeling better. Yes, we are very blessed with modern meds and Walmart prescription plan!! Darling angels to make you smile and a terrific husband to take care of you!

Paulene Davis said...

I hope that you are feeling better. The picture of Liv had to brighten your day. I have looked at it several times and it brightens my day and makes me smile. Love that girl!!!