Monday, December 17, 2007

Early Birthday

Because Abby's birthday falls during the holiday brake, her day to celebrate with her school class was today. Last week she and I were curled up on the couch watching Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee (oh, I do love how Abby likes to watch my cooking shows with me!!) and it just so happened to be full of Christmas cakes and treats to make. So it was quickly decided that we were going to make the Reindeer cupcakes to take as her treat for the birthday fun. However, as the two of us hit the store on Saturday we quickly found that it was pretty much wiped clean of all the holiday candy needed to decorate, no bags of chocolate covered pretzels, gumdrops, licorice ropes etc. So being the creative woman I am, and buying a gift box of overly priced pretzels we came up with some pretty cute cakes that Abby was so excited to take with her to school.


She also brought home the gift she had been making to give me for Christmas, but couldn't stand it and made me open it right then. Isn't it the cutest little candle jar that they glued tissue paper on to make it look like stained glass. Teacher's these days are so creative.


Last but not least I wanted to share my layout that I totally scrap lifted from Digital Scrapbooking magazine - told you I was going to do this one Audrey!! After the last snowfall I took this picture just so that I could make this page with the beautiful kit that Paulene so wonderfully shared. This is when I begin to wonder if I scrapbook to live or live to scrapbook!


Have a good one everybody!!

11 comments:

Amber said...

I am pretty sure you scrapbook to live AND live to scrapbook. If you are really in love with it, they go hand in hand. The cupcakes sure turned out darling... and I would agree with your creativity! Your page looks beautiful as well. I love the alphabet, the glitter, the colors, and the title... I definitely took my time looking at it! You give me such great ideas!!

Amber said...

p.s. I looked at it again and noticed that Abby's eyes were closed! That makes the title even more preicous! Love it Bree!

Linda Clark said...

Those reindeer cupcakes are so adorable! I am going to make those for Christmas for my grandkids that are going to be here. Your pages are beautiful, too...as such gifts you do for your family, they will always be remembered!

Audrey said...

Keep the ideas coming!!! I will just follow and copy and maybe give you credit. (ha ha) Those cupcakes are fantastic, and your page is breathtaking. Copied or not, it is really one of the best. I loved scouring every corner for all the details of stitches, fonts, journaling circles, etc. It is great.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for using our magazine as an inspiration resource! ;)

Jennafer Martin
Editor in Chief
Digital Scrapbooking magazine

Jennifer said...

That page is magic! I love the cupcakes you made, and how cute that Abby couldn't wait to have you open her gift to you. She is sow sweet! Only a few more days until we get to see you guys! I can't wait!

Michelle said...

Beautiful page Bree!
You and Abby did a fabulous job on those birthday treats.

Paulene Davis said...

I love your cupcakes and I bet Abby was so proud to take them. Homemade gifts from children are the best. I still have some of mine tucked away as treasures. Great page. I love the sparkles,pink frame and swirls, and journaling just to name a few. I love this photo of Abby. Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days.

Dad Davis said...

Wow a well desired comment from the editor of Digital Scrapbooking.

Jessica said...

Those cupcakes are so cute! Abby looks thrilled to take them to her class. I'm glad she was able to celebrate her birthday with her class. Your page is great. I'm impressed the editor of the magazine commented! Just remember us little people when you're famous :)

Tamarynn Leigh said...

Bree you are truly talented! I absolutely love your pages. They all look so good! Keep doing them, so I can copy them...thanks!