Wednesday, December 5, 2007

25 Christmas things

25. How many more days til' Christmas?
19...the excitement is really starting to set in!!!

24. What color is your Christmas tree?
Green, all ornaments are wood or rusted metal, I just love it.

23. Bought any gifts for anyone yet?
I am almost done, except for a couple of cousin gifts.

22. Are there any Gifts under the tree?
One for Abby from Liv, one for Liv from Abby, one for Paul from me.

21. Will it snow this Christmas?
I do hope so, as much as I hate it Christmas HAS to be white...

20. How many family members live in your house?
Four good girls and One very patient boy!

19. Is Santa coming?
yep...although it is threatened otherwise on a daily basis to Liv!

18. Have you been naughty or nice?
I am always nice :)

17. Favorite place to get presents from?
I don't care, It really is the thought that counts to me.

16. How many places do you go to celebrate the holiday?
Christmas Eve with the Davis' and Christmas day with the Griffiths. I love having both families close, especially during Christmas.

15. Ever 'peeked' inside a present?
When I was a child we would ransack the house when Mom was gone, we found quite a few, but I learned that the surprise is really much better.

14. Ever tried egg nog?
The Mormon version, and I love it! Paul thinks I am crazy!!

15. How cold is it now?
I'm not sure but it feels like 32 degrees

14. Decorated your house yet?
Yes, and thanks to Audrey we have two trees this year, one in front of the bay window and one down stairs by the TV.

13. Do you still leave the cookies and milk, just for the fun of it?
yes, Santa truly does leave better presents!!

12. How many presents would you say you got last year?
I think it was seven, I am so spoiled to have such a large family.

13. Name 3 things you asked for this Christmas:
I am only asking for one thing, a membership to the Rec center so that my Triathlon training can officially begin by starting up the swimming. Thankfully Paul has said OK!!

12. Ever watched The Christmas Story?
Yes, it is the best part of Christmas.

11. Have you ever been sledding?
Not since college when a friend and I went down Old Main Hill at 2:00am, it was very fun!

10. Do you get more money, or clothes for Christmas?
Money

9. Ever had a snow ball fight?
Yes, but not since I was a child, Paul better watch out when he gets home!!!!

8. How many stockings will hang from the fire place?
We don't have a fireplace, but we have 5 Davis tradition felt stockings hanging from hooks on the front room shelf.

7. Does your dog/cat get a stocking?
Thank goodness we don't have one!!!!

6. How many people would you say you buy for a year?
I am counting 12, I sure hope that is right!

5. What kind of food do you celebrate with?
Oh, where to start! On Christmas day my mother makes a whole turkey dinner with all the trimmings, she also makes fudge, caramels, chocolate drops, divinity, orange drops. But it still wouldn't be Christmas with out Orange sticks or a Chocolate orange to whack!!

4. Did it snow on Christmas Day last year?
I honestly can't remember, does anyone know?

3. Do you have one or more trees that are decorated for a specific theme?
Just the one described earlier. But my mother-in-law Paulene, has several, Santa's only, silver and white snowflakes and crystals, red and gold stars, the list goes on and I love each and every one of them!!!

2. Do you go to Church on Christmas Day?
Only when it falls on a Sunday.

1. Merry Christmas!

If you have a fun answer to any of these, leave them in the comments!!!!!

7 comments:

Amber said...

I hope that Liv is good so that Santa will come! My mom used to always threaten me that he would skip our house if I was naughty. It's a good thing I was good so that Santa could come every year... I liked your questions, they got me really excited for Christmas! One thing I will say is that I love a good snowball fight!

Linda Clark said...

Loved your 25 Christmas things...Wow, you are almost done shopping, impressive! Thanks for sharing these, I love getting to know you better and this really made it easy to continue to appreciate the gal Paul married!

Audrey said...

'The Christmas Story', "Christmas Vacation," & "the year without a Santa Clause" all while drinking egg nog. Let's party together!!!

Jessica said...

I love eggnog! Paul taught me to dilute the eggnog by mixing half a glass of eggnog with half a glass of milk. I still do that! The only exception is the eggnog shake from McDonalds!

Paulene Davis said...

This is a fun post. I love your tree also. You have fun ornmanets. And welcome to the group of us that have several trees. Christmas is truly a wonderful time of the year and you have touched on many of the fun fun things. I have already had my eggnog shake from McDonalds.

Gina said...

We got your Christmas card...so adorable! Thanks for putting your blogspot link on there. It's been fun to see your "digital life" :) You are an AMAZING scrapbooker!! I love all your pages! Great blog!! We saw Shamae the other night. We'll all have to get together for desserts again, after the holidays are over. Cute family!

Jennifer said...

That was really a fun little list! I love this time of year!