Friday, September 28, 2007

this week is over!

Man, this week is finally over!! It has felt like forever with all the sickness, Paul working nights, and Eva cutting in four top teeth at the same time (blisters all over her upper gum line, but I believe I am seeing teeth now!) So that is basically my week. I haven't even been in the mood for much scrapbooking either which is really crazy for me. I was all caught up so I let the pictures pile up for a couple of weeks and I think that I will start on them this afternoon. Mostly I haven't been scrappin because I am soooo glad that our shows have started up again. You all know what a television junky I am!! So my evenings have been devoted to all the premiers this week and it couldn't have made me happier!!

On the other hand I said that I would share my latest contest entry (not a winner again!) I think that I just don't scrap the style of these designers (it couldn't possibly be that someone else made a better layout :) Just kidding). So here it is. Scrap five things of beauty to you, all square photos, all converted to black and white. This one really made me stretch, I didn't want to do the same topic that everyone else would naturally think off, and I decided to make my fifth square photo the entire 12X12 layout. I love it, not to mention taking the photos from different angles was really fun, especially because Liv was laying on the floor with me while taking the picture of all my things!!!! Fun stuff.


I now need to leave and go pick Abby up from preschool, she had her first field trip to a dentist office today, I can't wait to hear how it went!!!!
love to all!!

7 comments:

JJ said...

If I was the one running the contest, you would have won in my book. I thought that was an awesome layout and I share the sentiment that beauty is a clean house and finally getting to relax. Keep trying. One of these days, someone is going to see how talented you are and send fame flying your way. We missed you last night!

Amber said...

What is the deal? I think we need some new judges. I love that you had one picture be your background. I don't think I would have thought of that. Keep trying! I love seeing what you come up with.

Jessica said...

I'm glad things are looking up this week. It's always difficult when everything seems to happen the same week. That page is very creative. There is definitely something wrong with those people for not chosing you!

Jennifer said...

Bree, I ADORE your entry! And your words at the bottom pretty much some it up for me, too! I love the black and white, too. I'm glad the week is over for you! It's hard when everything seems to happen at the same time! Enjoy your weekend!

Paulene Davis said...

I love this layout. It is so artistic and well done. I loved the use of color in the title on the backdrop of one large photo. Great work. Hope Abby's visit to the dentist office was fun for her. I too am loving the new shows. Again, we have so much in common.

Audrey said...

Love your layouts! I too would have voted for you. And when you knock out your piles of photos, I am serious about sending you mine. Great minds "fog" alike? We have suffered the same stuffy nose-throat mess this past week too! So annoying with all that needs to be done. Glad you guys are coming out of it too. We miss you!

daherfamily said...

i love your layout! and that is the truth...those are the most beautiful things in the world. you are so talented.