Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Remembering the days!!!

My great friend Tina came over for a visit this afternoon. We have been friends since high school, done a lot and seen a lot together!!! She is a great person that I don't see as much or as often as I wish. Not that she lives far away, she is only a few streets over since the move, but with children, and life in general, time slips away and before you know it, six months have gone by!!! So we were laughing and talking about old times, our families, what everyone is up to and it was great. It just so happens that I am doing a layout to enter a contest this week that required a picture of yourself when you were 20. As a result I broke out my very first scrapbook that I had ever made, you know the one - markers, random stickers and a note under each picture that you sliced up to pieces!!!! Well it was very fun for me to find all the pictures of my friends and I in high school. I really did have some great ones and I just have to share a couple of pictures, mostly to embarrass Tina to death!!!

This is all us girls together for a Christmas sleepover party - can you find me with the short hair!!Tina, Me, Kerrie, Sunny, Syd, Rachel(in front)

This is Tina, Sunny, and I on a random day that we decided to crimp our hair for school.
Ahh, graduation! Tina and I thought we were such hot chicks as we wore boxers and I flashed my superman shirt to the camera as I walked by for all the audience to see!
Talk about hot chicks man!! We definitely spent toooo much time in the sun back then!!! If only I had realized how many freckles it was going to give me!!
I just find this one extremely hysterical! Me, with a gun, trying to shoot clay pigeons. Can you say back hills Utah!! And no, the guys would not take me out shooting again until I had completed a hunters safety class, which never happened, so my one and only shooting experience.
Tina and I in my apartment my first year up at Utah State, good times!!

Does anyone else remember my beloved car? How I miss the TAXI!! Well not really!!

And finally Jerianne, this one is for you and Heather (if she is checking the blog still!!) I told you that Steve Ruf and I grew up our whole lives together, and that he took me to a dance when we were both 16. Here is the proof, notice the stunning and stylish dress that I had picked out for the occasion (shoulder pads and all)!!

Thanks for humoring me, I really had a great time looking at my old pictures!!

11 comments:

JJ said...

That was awesome! So fun to see my friend as she was 10 years ago (give or take a few years). What a hottie! Maybe, one of these nights when I have nothing to say in my blog, I will hunt around for a photo of me at a younger time in my life and post it as well - laughter will ensue. How fun! Thanks for the fun and entertaining post.

Amber said...

This was so fun to look at! I need to comment on a few things. First of all, the style of clothes is absolutely amazing! I love the denim shirt! I think I had one of those when they were in style too! And I seriously LOVE you for wearing boxers under your graduation gown!!! I think we would have been really good friends if we went to high school together! I had the same shooting experience as you. I went once, they told me they'd never take me again! And the background that is in your dance picture was the same one I had for homecoming one year. You'd think they would change it... this was so fun! You are really good at posting stuff people would want to read. ha ha...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Robyn Lamoreaux said...

I am pretty sure I took the picture of you with the taxi! I am also pretty sure that was my first apartment at Utah State. I knew you with the short hair, I still think of you that way....Tina...I remember her well too, wasn't she going to Ricks? And didn't she sleep in my bed while I was gone? Oh Bree, you were the best roommate! Love the old Pictures.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer said...

Ah, yes, the good old big hairstyles and shoulder pads days! I have a few pictures like those myself. I loved looking at these! You look so beautiful at graduation. And, a comment about the prior blog; the octopus in the mouth as the pacifier for Eva is hilarious! What a ham that cute little doll is!

Jessica said...

The superman shirt made me laugh so hard, because Paul had the same one! Match made in heaven. How fun to look back on old photos.

Anonymous said...

I know, you didn't think I'd really come online... I checked for them last night but obviously didn't stay up late enough. Those were the days (ones I'm sure I will never live down!). Thank you for that trip down memory lane. I needed a little additional humor tonight. I completely forgot about our oh so attractive Crimped Hair day. What were we thinking?!? I now have some new styles (hair and clothes) to tell my in-laws about how "cool" I used to be.

Audrey said...

Oh I love it! Just love it. I was glued to glimpse some of your "before Paul" days. I too crimped my hair and had a yellow car that I called 'the bee.' You are a doll. Do you think we will look back at pictures of us in today's fashions and say, "what were we thinking!" Can't wait to see your layout.

Paulene Davis said...

I absolutely loved learning more about you during the Pre-Paul days. No wonder he (and all of us) loves you so much. Love the boxers,tan,and prom dress. .

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing all those pictures. It was so fun to get a glimpse of your life before motherhood. It caused me to take a walk down memory lane. I pulled out my old photo's and found some that where so similar. I even found one of me shooting a riffle at clay pigeons that looked like we could have been standing in the exact same spot. I was up Provo canyon though. How fun!! thanks again for sharing.