Monday, September 3, 2007

Party, Birthday Party!

It was just wonderful to have Paulene over last night to celebrate her birthday! We always love spending time with my in laws. I am always quick to tell everyone that I have the absolute best mother in law that one could possibly hope for. She is defiantly my kindred spirit, we just have so much in common. I often joke with Paul that he married his mother, but he quickly rebukes me and tells me to stop saying that because it is weird!!!! (Paul you know that I just say it to get a rise out of you!!!)
I do have to take a moment to thank my own mother for her help in decorating the cake I had made for the occasion. We spent all day Saturday hanging out with the cousins and girls at my mom house while the boys attended the BYU game (which they won!!), so I took advantage of the situation and put one of my mother's many skill to use. She is so talented in this area, making wedding cakes not only for our family, but many of the young girls in her ward. We had numerous fabulous cakes on our birthday through the years. So here is a picture of the cake, I still am amazed at how she can make such wonderful roses out of frosting!(not to mention perfect cursive writing!)


(Notice all of Abby's party decorations, the highlight of the event for her)

Rikki and Seth joined us for dinner, games and dessert. It was a great night and I think it was all capped off just perfectly for the girls when Grandma and Grandpa helped them get ready for bed and tucked them in with kisses.
Happy Birthday Paulene. We love you very much!!!

5 comments:

Paulene Davis said...

Thank you for planning such a perfect event. Dad and I had just as much fun as the little girls did. You know how much I love cake and this cake was very delicious and fun to eat.I treasure you and love you as a daughter-in-law and am glad that we are so much alike.

Kelly said...

Your cake turned out so great! You are lucky to have a mother with so many talents to share. I love your new header. I'm still trying to figure out how to do that.

Linda Clark said...

I think you have the greatest mother-in-law, too! You are so talented, adding cake decorating to your list. Keep that Paul on his toes (teehee)so he will remember what a wonderful girl he married!

Amber said...

There's that wonderful cake! It looks fabulous and Abby's decor is amazing!

Audrey said...

Beautiful cake! I wish I could have been at your party. Abby obviously has inherited the precious entertainer's gene. Decorations, food,and games is what it is all about. She learned from her mother!