Friday, September 21, 2007

It's Friday!

I checked my contest this morning over at The Digi Dare, and sadly enough I didn't get picked :( It is really o.k. though, just fun to participate and do the challenge. They had 46 entries and only award two prizes. But don't think this is going to stop me, next weeks dare sound fun and I think I will do it also!! I thought I would share the layout that I entered. The challenge was: scrap a lesson you know now that you wished you had known when you were twenty. Extra points for a photo of yourself at 20, at least three circles in the layout, and some kind of border. All that in consideration and this is what I came up with:


I will get working on next weeks and share it when I am done, It involves five photo's of beauty, converted to black and white. I know you all can't wait to see it and I had better get picture taking!!

Everyone have a great Friday and wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

JJ said...

I LOVE IT! I think it looks great. If they didn't pick yours, I'm going to have to go and check out the two they did pick. Regardless, I am proud of you for entering and I think you should enter as many as you can. You are a very talented designer.

P.S.
I want that handwritten font you used. It's awesome!

Audrey said...

I agree the font is great. What is it? I love the extra bow tied onto the ribbon ring, and the yellow polka paper really accents the photo. I always check your Friday posts to give me inspiration. I don't know about you, but I love your chore day.

Paulene Davis said...

Don't forget to add me to the email that you send out on the font. I am proud of you for your entry. It isn't a matter of if, it is only a matter of when you will be picked. You are terrific.

Linda Clark said...

Well, they didn't ask me to vote! you would have won. Keep entering. I always feel so neglected when they give all these polls about everyone's opinion...but they never ask me, so why can they be so conclusive???

Amber said...

The colors and patterns you chose for this layout fit your picture perfectly. Your description did too. I can't believe they didn't pick you! Where do you find all these contests anyway! I love that you enter in them. You do such a good job! I can't wait to see the next one. It sounds like a great page, and I don't doubt you'll come up with something amazing!

Jennifer said...

I love that! I love what you've written, too. It's true, that life certainly doesn't go as we've planned, but it sure does seem to turn out all right, doesn't it! It looks great, Bree!