Thursday, September 6, 2007

Pony up!

Has anyone else been completely enjoying the thunderstorms the last couple of days!! Man, it has been waking me up at night with the lightening filling the room and the thunder crashing outside! I have always loved a good thunderstorm. As I was putting Eva to bed the other night and I could hear the rain pouring down outside and the wind screaming past the window, it made me feel so safe and secure inside. So thankful to have a home to put my sweet little girls to bed and know that they are safe from the world outside.
On that note I will also say that I hated the fact that it has disrupted my walking schedule with Jerianne and it has made us girls cooped up during the day. So yesterday, during a two hour clearing from the storm, us girls went over to the Farm at Thanksgiving point for a picnic lunch and walk around looking at all the fun animals. The girls had a great time. Liv from the moment we walked in saw the Ponies and demanded to have a ride! She is so much more outgoing and brave than Abby was at that age. It took Abby until she was almost 4 before she would even go near them. So at the end of our trip, Liv got her wish, insisting that she did it all by herself, she didn't want my help! Aren't they cute on their ponies (complete with flip flops and dresses!).


Just as they were finishing their rides (there weren't very many people there, so they had a long one) the wind started to pick up and the clouds were moving in again. We left pretty quickly and made it home just in time for another round of the storms!

Here is my newest layout. I love it because I love the pictures and the smile it brings to my face when I think of that morning!


Have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Great layout! My girls loved the petting zoo at Thanksgiving point when we were there. Your sweeties look so cute!

Amber said...

Those are some happy faces! It looks like the pony ride was a success!

Linda Clark said...

That definately was a Kodak moment! It made me smile, too, to see all the dolls lined up on the window sill. I am glad you enjoy a good thunderstorm...I was petrified of them when I was little and would go to my room and hide under the covers. But having kids made me brave them out and hide my fears. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica said...

Liv is definately a bold one! Brandon also loved going to that petting zoo. Sounds like a fun day!