Monday, October 1, 2007

October already?

I can hardly believe that September is over and October has begun. I know that most of you enjoy fall, I for one am not a big fan. It only means that winter is on the way and I hate the snow and cold and gloom that comes into town and stays through March!! The only good thing about it all is that the holiday season has started and I love holidays!! Today is a little chilly but pleasant outside so after nap time the girls and I are going to decorate for Halloween, thus I have started the festivities on the bog with my new topper!! My Dad is always so wonderful to bundle up his corn stalks and bring them over every year to help me liven up the entrance to my home. He also had a bunch of pumpkins from the garden, we definitely love that. Thanks again Dad!!!

One of these days I will get up the canyon to take the girls fall portraits, with all the rain and snow this weekend I was unable to go and now I am scared that all the wind and rain and snow has ruined the scenery! When I do manage to take some, I will share them with everyone, they are always my favorite ones of the year.

Sweet Amber came over with a fellow student this afternoon to take some pictures of my girls for a class project (she is in her senior year of Elementary Ed at BYU. Julie, I am sure you can relate). It is always good to see her, Abby and Liv were ecstatic when we walked home from preschool only to find their best friend waiting for them (I didn't tell them so it would be a surprise!) Amber, I hope the photo's turned out well and the project turns out even better!! It was great to see you.

Here is my latest layout, as I have said before, my mind has just not been into it lately, but I did this one last night and I really like it, mostly because I love this picture! I think my creative juices are flowing again.


Hope you all have a great fall day!

7 comments:

Linda Clark said...

That look is priceless. It is such a great moment when they finally get it and little girls do get it quickly! Darling page, glad you are feeling better. I put my fall/Halloween decorations up today, too.

Paulene Davis said...

I love this little girl and her darling face. I am glad that you caught this moment because it is wonderful. I am having a hard time with it being October also. I miss Summer!!!

Audrey said...

I am in denial that it is October, and probably won't put up my decorations for another week. (much to my children's dissapointment) The corn stalks and pumpkins will be so cool! Liv's face is priceless in that layout, and I love the journal tag and twisty looking flowers. Great job!

Amber said...

It was so fun to come over today and see you guys... it has been a little while! After we left, Katie could not stop talking about how cute your girls were! I of course agreed, how could you not love a cute little face like the one you just posted of Liv!?! Your girls brighten my day! I get so excited when I get to see them. Thanks again Bree, you're the sweetest. And as soon as we get our project done, I'll post it- if I can figure out how!!

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

Hey move down here to SG we have pretty nice weather all year long, and I have to say I LOVE IT! I do miss the fall leaves though! Your girls are so cute!

Jennifer said...

How fun and festive your blog decor is! I love it!

JJ said...

You know I already loved this photo and it's only amplified by the adorable layout you created with it. What a darling little girl and she has a right to be proud!