Saturday, October 27, 2007

Just some scrapps

We have spent most of the day today tending to the yard. We cut back all our shrubs in the back as well as taking down the apple tree. All of this is in preparation and anticipation for spring when we will be re-doing the back yard, new trees, garden space etc., so it was time well spent and now it won't have to be done when the snow melts.

I have to speak in Sacrament meeting tomorrow, I really dislike doing that!! I always feel very inadequate to be teaching people about a principle of the gospel when most of them, if not all, have been on missions, taken more classes, or have just lived longer, thus having much more knowledge then me. Oh well, hopefully I don't make a fool of myself and I just keep reminding myself that it is only 15 minutes of my life and I can do it!!!! Paul keeps telling me that no one is listening anyway! I also need to remember that once I am done I will be off the hook for a long time, cross my fingers!!!

With that said I had better go and practice my talk for the 100th time and leave you with my latest page!!

9 comments:

Joel, Julie, and Maddie said...

He's right. No one is listening. You'll do well. Just follow the example of everyone else: tell tragic and uncomfortable stories, begin your talk by telling everyone, in detail, how the bishopric asked you to give this talk, cry before you start talking and Oh! most importantly: always close in the name of 'thy' son.

Amber said...

Seriously. Well said Paul... well said. Let me ask you a question, Do you remember what the speakers talked about last week? Neither do I. You'll do great! Just tell a joke. I like the one that goes like this... Ask three people to stand in the congregation... Then say, "Since I don't have a joke, I asked these people to stand because they are the three biggest jokes I know!" Someone did that once and I laughed for at least 2 minutes.

Jennifer said...

Good luck on your talk--I'll be thinking of you. And, actually, I DO listen to the speakers (at least, I try to--sometime my kids are a little distracting! You understand!), but you will do great, I know it!

JJ said...

Good luck tomorrow, Bree. I completely forgot that you had to do that and didn't even ask about it this morning. Some friend I am. Anyway, I will be thinking about you. You'll do great!

Jessica said...

In addition to Joel and Julie's suggestions: never open or read scriptures, talk about how nervous you are through the entire talk, and close with a "thank"amony. You'll fit right in! But seriously, you will be off the hook for awhile and you'll do very well. Good luck!

Kelly said...

I love bath time too. I love your page and the picture of Liv and Eva. They are so cute. I haven't seen Eva in a while because she looks so grown up! Good luck tomorrow, I'm sure you will do great!

Paulene Davis said...

Good luck today on your talk. You will do very well, you always present yourself with confidence and poise. Eva is a darling girl and your great page really captures bath time.

Audrey said...

I laughed so hard at Joel and Jessica's comments. What a bitter little family we have! Amber's joke is classic too. I am glad that the general concenses is that no one is listening, but I bet they will be looking at your great hair, and wishing they could be like you. I wish I could be like you and create such great pages. I love the purple stitches, and bar code thingys. So cute!

Linda Clark said...

I am too late to add my advice for your talk, but wouldn't have been able to even compete with those already given. Classic! I am sure you did just fine. Darling bath time page!