Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sleep, I just want Sleep!

So, I have now decided that a teething baby is the worst thing to happen to me. This of course is for several reasons.
1. Irritable Baby
2. Irritable Me
3. Irritable Paul.
4. My dear sweet girls getting the brunt of my irritability.

Eva has been up all night (and I mean ALL night) for two nights in a row. Now, I know that some of you have experienced this on a regular basis, or for longer periods of time than this. But I am a girl that needs my sleep. I have been so lucky to always have infants that have slept through the night since the day they were born. I do not function well on no sleep. So you mix the fact that Eva wakes up at 2:00am and screams bloody murder until 7:00am with the fact that Paul and I were up until 1:00 am and you can see where I have fallen into a bad situation!! Can anyone give me advice on how to get this poor girl (I'm talking about Eva, not me!) some sleep. I have been drugging her, using the noise maker, putter an extra blanket in the bed, making sure she has a full tummy, rubbing on Ambisol, and rocking her for hours, as well as my absolute final resort-bringing her into bed with me- all to no avail! The screaming continues. I am hoping that since two of the four upper teeth(the big front one's) are now through, the other two will move in more quickly. Is that too much to ask?!

Now that I have completed my rant for the day, lets look at my latest layouts. Yes one is even of the before mentioned teething disaster-yes I still love her despite it all!!! The other, is my sweet Liv, her little face brightens my outlook on life!

9 comments:

JJ said...

First of all, I am so sorry that you are having to do the terrible teething thing. I am, too, and those nightly painful screams are the worst. Of course, I haven't been up all night yet - I know my time will come as it alwasy does.

Second, I am so jealous of your layouts. How do you do it?! I wish I could just hand all my photos to you and have you take care of it. They are adorable.

Amber said...

My mom said that she used to rub ice on my gums when I was teething. She said I not only liked it, but it numbed them just long enough for me to fall asleep. I didn't get my first tooth til I was over a year old though! Anyway, it's an idea!! But you are right, she still is a cutie, and your pages show her sweet little face!

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

That sounds like a nightmare!! I wish I had some advice, but I've never been good at getting my kids to sleep when they aren't having a problem. At least you know that as soon as her little teeth break through you can get some sleep. Maybe try going to bed as soon as she does to get some more shut eye? I think it is great that you can still make such great pages on no sleep! I hope tonight is better for you.

Audrey said...

You know I am secretly grinning that you finally have had to deal with some sleeplessness! (Only because I am a mean and bitter person. (ha ha)) Seriously though, I am sorry that Eva is so uncomfortable. A sad baby is not fun for anyone. Poor thing! Your layouts are fantastic though. I love the rhinestone swirl on Liv's page. and the sewn ribbon on Eva's. You are really good!

Paulene Davis said...

I am sorry that Eva is having a hard time with her teeth. I have watched you in action and know how patient you can be. I wish that I had advice to give you. Your pages are outstanding as usual. Eva is really changing from a baby to a little girl. She fits right in with your other two beautiful Davis girls.

Linda Clark said...

Advice comes a dime a dozen and what usually works for some, won't work for another. Sounds like your patience and love with get her and you through...just remember, this, too, shall pass. And in the mean time, what a way to revamp...scrap those gorgeous pages!

Linda Clark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness, Bree--bring your kids up to my house during the day and take a nap! You poor thing!