Saturday, October 13, 2007

It's raining, It's pouring.....

I don't think the old man is snoring, but man, it has been raining all day! I love the smell of rain and I know that tomorrow the skies are going to be a stunning shade of blue, so I will not speak badly about the wet weather here! We had a great time last night with the Conroy's and Niederhauser's, as we always do. I haven't seen Michelle for so long it was great to catch up on everything and gossip about the old neighborhood.(By the way, the girls were ecstatic about the princess poster, they hung it by the kid TV and have been staring at it all day!) I have to thank Amber and her sister Megan once again for being so sweet to watch the girls for us, they have been talking about playing pet shops with you and being able to sleep with the music boxes playing all day today!!! You guys are the best!!!

Yesterday Paul decided that it was time for Abby to loose the training wheels on her bike, so he took them off and wouldn't you know it, she just took off, not even falling once!!! I came home last night from picking up the pizza for the crew and there she was, cruising down the street all by herself!! I was so proud of her and she was just beaming with joy. This is a really bad picture, I am going to have to take some more, but you get the idea!!


I haven't done much today, but that is fine by me, I just needed a day to lay around and veg!! We are heading up to my brother Kelly's place tomorrow for Eden's baby blessing. That should be a good time, just not looking forward to the hour drive and trying to get there by 11:00am, everyone knows how slow I move in the morning!!!! Wish us luck!!!

Here is the layout that I entered over at the Digidare. This weeks challenge was to use "white space" have only two pictures and a one word title. Simplicity was the theme. This is what I came up with. It was really fun to do, I don't do simple very well, it was hard to scale back!!! They had a million entries this week, it is such a popular scrapping style. The winner's really were great layouts.


Have a great Sunday everyone!!

5 comments:

JJ said...

Tell Abby congratulations on learning to ride her bike without training wheels. Can she come over and teach Taryn? I feel like a terrible parent but she moved on to a scooter and never learned.

Thanks for the fun evening! We had a great time and are looking forward to the next get-together.

Amber said...

And did they tell you that we played car and loved every second of it. All three of them were on Megan and they were laughing so hard I had to run out to my car and get my camera. I'll post the picture soon. It was so much fun! Thanks so much for letting us come play pet shop! I love your girls!

Paulene Davis said...

I loved watching Abby ride her bike. It is a big accomplishment for a little girl and I am glad that I was thre to share it. I can't believe that your layouts do not win. They are wonderful. It was fun to meet amberdawn.

Linda Clark said...

Way to go, Abby. It is always such a great thing to accomplish, riding without those training wheels. You got it easy, Paul...no running down the street numerous times in a row!
your layout was wonderful, they didn't ask my vote, else you would have won!

Jessica said...

It seems like Abby is a natural! I know that Paul taught me how (or made me learn depending on how you look at it)to ride a bike at a young age. And I definately love a blue sky and the smell of a fresh rain. Rain is pretty rare around here, but the blue skies are nice!