Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween, Halloween, Trick-or-Treat!

We had such a fun day yesterday celebrating the holiday! How can you not with school parties, dressing up, getting a jack-o-lantern pizza (thanks Mom!) and carving pumpkins, all combined with being able to go door to door asking for candy! We did the usual routine of Paul taking the girls around the neighborhood while I stayed home with Eva,all dressed up in my Maid costume, to answer the door and see all the cute costumes. Funny story about my costume, I put it on while Abby was out playing and when she came in it scared her to death to see this unknown blonde woman taking the pizza out of the oven. I turned and said hello, she let out a nervous "Mommy, I didn't know it was you!" Very funny, and little Eva kept looking at me funny all night, although she loved having all the people come to the door. She would crawl over to the open doorway and just grin and grin until one of them would get down to her level and talk to her. So cute! Here are the pictures you have all been waiting to see(sorry I am always the one behind the camera so there won't be any of me!:

Abby was Sleeping Beauty, the new favorite princess because she is pink and has three fairies! Thank you Taryn for letting her borrow it and to Michelle for making it, such talent!


Liv was her favorite, Cinderella. She has been wearing this costume all day everyday for about two months now. I think it is very funny that at the exact same age as Abby, she decided that Blue is the best color and Cinderella is the greatest thing in the world. They might be sisters after all.


Sweet Eva was my little Tinker Bell - She didn't know if she liked the wings very much but she sure did look cute with them on!



And here they all are ready to head out with their Dad to fill up the buckets with good things to eat!


Hope you all had just as much fun last night, I really do love this holiday and am sad that we have to wait an entire year to do it again. I guess that is when it becomes a good thing that you have three girls, everyday is a dress up day for them!!

Tomorrow is my birthday! So tonight Paul is treating me to a Salon evening, I will be getting my much needed makeover with my hair. Nobody get too excited, I won't be cutting it all off, just some maintenance! Then tomorrow morning Paulene (my sweet mother-in-law) is taking me to be a member of the Good Things Utah audience!!!! I know that it sounds funny, and that for several years all I did was mock those ladies, but now I have been watching it three days a week while I run on the Treadmill and wouldn't you know, I have formed a bond with them!!! I really enjoy the crafts, profiles of events and businesses in town, and don't get me started on the cooking segment! I have tried several and they have become staples in our house!!! So everyone tune in on Friday morning at 10:00am, or like me, Tivo it, because Paulene and I will be in the audience waving to all of you, and hopefully getting some giveaways, and maybe even I will get a birthday spotlight!!!! One can only hope!!!

Everyone have a fantastic day, mine has already started off well!!!

11 comments:

Jessica said...

Have a great birthday and fun at the show tomorrow. That sounds like fun. I am disappointed that there wasn't a picture of you in your costume. Even Sean was surprised when I told him about your traditional halloween threads. Oh, well; maybe next year :) Your girls all look darling and Eva has such a sweet smile. I'm glad you all had a great Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween! The girls look great. I especially like the sleeping beauty costume. :)
~Michelle

Laura said...

I remember the French Maid costume from up at school. That is so cool that you still wear it! Have a happy birthday and fun at the show!

Amber said...

Look at those cute little girls in all those pretty colors! (my favorites in fact!) I bet they had tons of fun with Paul and I am sure you did as well. I am so jealous about your adventure tomorrow morning. I'll be teaching so I can't watch it, but let me know how it goes and if they spotlighted you! Have fun and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

JJ said...

Maid costume? How long have we been friends? I've never seen you in a Halloween costume, have I? Am I losing my mind? (Don't answer that). I love the photos and I love the new look of your blog. Have fun tomorrow. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Bree D. said...

Yes, Jerianne, you are losing your mind! I distinctly remember you commenting on it the last Halloween we lived by each other, how could you forget!!!

Audrey said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow, and enjoy your 15 minutes of fame! When you come, bring it out on DVD. I'd love to see it. Your girls are definate princesses! They look absolutely darling, and I am sad that there isn't a pic of you in this costume of yours. Your header is fantastic by the way.

Dad Davis said...

Your little girls are so beautiful and growing up so fast. They are like little angels. What did Paul dress up as?

Paulene Davis said...

I love the princesses, all three look great. Eva looks like she is especially having a good time. I think the whole family will be expecting a picture of you next year. Happy Birthday tomorrow. I am so glad that we are going to the show together--It will be an equally fun day for me. I just need to figure out what to wear. .

Paulene Davis said...

P.S. I love the new topper. You really have a flair for color and embellishments.

Linda Clark said...

Magical princesses, indeed! Thanks for the cute pics! Have a wonderful birthday, sounds like a great day, of course any day with Polly, would be great! Can't wait to hear the detals.