Thursday, November 29, 2007

I can't believe it has been a year


A short twelve months ago we welcomed Evangeline into our family. I can hardly believe that much time has gone by. I have often told people that I wish pregnancy would go by as quickly!

She was born in the same hospital with the same doctor and the same nursing staff as her two other sisters, so the day wasn't that much of a surprise. I was induced, like always, and everything was smooth sailing. Two hours and three pushes later we had our darling third daughter.


She was such a good baby from the moment we brought her home, only getting up twice a night to feed, all the credit for that however goes to my mother!


Her birthday fell the day before Thanksgiving this year, but we didn't let it slide. Kevin made the cakes in a cute "bug" pan and I decorated them to the girls specifications. They turned out very cute if I do say so myself!!!!
You REALLY loved that cake!!


Eva we love you very much and are so happy to have you in our family. Your cute scrunched up little smile makes us all happy and we love to hear your excitement as you come down to breakfast every morning waving to your sisters.


Happy first birthday my darling girl.

8 comments:

JJ said...

Adorable and what a beautiful tribute you wrote. I can't believe she's one either. Seems like yesterday. Happy (belated) Birthday, Eva!

Paulene Davis said...

It's hard to believe that Eva is one. She is turning into a darling little girl and I too love her scrunched nose smile. I was sorry that we could not be a part of this most important birthday. So thank you for the wonderful pictures and tender words.

Jessica said...

I love that photo of her eating the cake. What's with the extreme joy that your girls get out of dessert? Just kidding!! She is such a cute little girl and, with the little time that I've been around her, I've rarely heard her cry or put up a fuss about anything. Happy Birthday, Eva!!!

Audrey said...

Oh we loved celebrating Eva's b-day. (Lizzie has requested Bug cupcakes for her upcoming party by the way.) She is a darling little girl that brings such joy with her smile. I could have kept her! Love the blog header.

Amber said...

She is so beautiful! My roommates could not get enough of that picture of Eva in her 'Santa Baby' outfit! I can't believe how tiny she was. She is getting so big and so adorable! You are blessed with such beautiful little girls who I just adore!!

Dad Davis said...

And what a year it has been. Looks like another wonderful Davis girl is coming right along.

Jennifer said...

Oh, that was such a precious post, Bree! I can't believe Eva's a year old already (I also comment that I wish pregnancy would go by as quickly as the kids grow up! Not fair!). She's such a beautiful little darling, as all three of your daughters are. We are also very grateful that she joined the family. P.S. I love the picture in the Santa suit!

Linda Clark said...

I loved looking at your "looking back" photos...it really does give us a sense of time and just how precious it is. Your family is also precious!