Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Talk about a temperature shock!

We have arrived safely back home after a fantastic week spent at Audrey's home in California!

They are always the perfect host and the girls had a great time together (I hope you have all check her link for pictures of all the fun! She took much better photos than me!). As we were leaving we had to take note that the gauge in our car said it was a perfect 71 degrees out and we were sad to not only leave our wonderful family but the perfect weather as well. What other place can you have Thanksgiving dinner (it was so good, thanks for the stuffing!), then go to the midnight shopping sales for "Black Friday" and only wear a light jacket (I had no idea stores did a midnight opening, it was a lot of fun and sooo much better then trying to get out of bed at 5:00am), then go to the beach the next day! I have to say that the first time Paul and I went to visit over the holiday I found it very strange to not have snow, or be bundled up, but now I love it and look forward to it!!! So after all that fun and sunshine we made our way east and back into Utah. After stopping in St. George for dinner we decided that it was starting to get cooler, as we advanced our way north the temperature gauge began to plummet - 50, 40, 38, and yes it was a crisp 27 degrees as we pulled into our garage!!! Thank goodness for the kindness of my father who went over earlier to turn the heat back on in the house!!!! It was fun to see the frost on the houses and lawns this morning and everyone's Christmas decorations out, it has very much put me in the mood to do the same, this evening I think we will do just that!!! Thanks again Wilson clan for a wonderful week in Paradise, we are however, very happy to be home for the Christmas season!!! So without further adue click on the following link that Audrey so artistically created for everyone to join us Davis' in ushering in the Christmas season!!! Be patient, it takes a minute to load. Enjoy!!!!!

http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=9592877683

We found it to be completely hysterical!!!! Check back soon because my baby turned one while we were away and I will be sharing those photos!!!

9 comments:

JJ said...

A couple of things...1)We missed you, 2)Paul as an elf made me die laughing...I'm still laughing, 3)It looks like you had a lot of fun and we are sure jealous, 4)Did I mention that we missed you?

Amber said...

Wow! What a fantastic show. A slow clap for that one! It sounds like you had lots of fun and I got to see more from Audrey's blog! I was sad that I didn't get to see you and your family at your parent's house last weekend. We sure missed you. I hope to see you soon. P.S. Trace wants me to come look at your wedding ring. He wants me to get some ideas for mine :) We looked a bit but apparantly he wants me to keep looking... Love you!

Audrey said...

Oh we had a blast with you!!! and the girls sure miss their cousins. Our house is so sad and lonely now. I need someone to fire up the queso and cookies at 10 at night. Come back anytime!!! Paul as an elf has made my day.

Kelly said...

Okay, that was the funniest, ever! I love the dancing elves! Also, as Liv gets older the two of you look more and more alike. I'm glad you had a fun time in the sun!

Linda Clark said...

Terrific video! How fun! Thanks for sharing your fun holiday and I think I will remember Paul as an elf for a long time!!

Paulene Davis said...

Welcome home! We missed you.I am so glad that you had such a fun trip. I checked on Audrey's blog often and loved how happy everyone always looked,

Jessica said...

It sounds like you guys had a great trip! It's nice to have warm weather in the winter, but, like you said, the cold creates a wonderful Christmas atmosphere! Love the elves!

Jennifer said...

Oh, 71 degrees sounds absolutely heavenly! I'm so glad you guys had so much fun! It's great to have you home, though! Hopefully we'll be seeing you soon. I can't believe Eva turned one! I can't wait to see the pictures you post!

Jennifer said...

Okay, so I commented (before I forgot what I wanted to say) and THEN watched the ElfYourself Video! Thanks for the fantastic chuckle! That made my day! I just wish there had been room for you! Oh, that was great!