Sunday, November 4, 2007

Me at 30


Abby of all people helped me take these self portraits the other day and I have to say she did a pretty good job!! I will also say looking at these pictures has made me realize that Hillary and I might just be sisters after all! I am seeing alot of her in my face for some reason. While putting this layout together it let me think about this whole turning 30 thing. Many people really dread this milestone, makes them feel old and start to wonder if they have done all the things they thought they would by this age. I am one that has totally embraced turning 30. I feel as though it is the right age to be when you have been married nearly seven years and have three children. Quite frankly I feel like I have been thirty for the last 10 years. Now don't get me wrong, at times I wake up and think to myself, am I not still 16 because I swear that I am 16! Then I look in the mirror and realize that I definitely don't have the body I did then, but my heart and mind still feel that young and free. I have always felt responsibility for my life, I have just never really been a flighty giggly teen girl (I admit that there have been times, before everyone contradicts me!). I have worked since I turned sixteen, put myself through school until I was 22 and got married at 24. I have had a great life thus far, done many of the things on my to do list of my teen years, not necessarily in the right order or time frame, but the checks are there and I feel great about it. I love being thirty, they say a woman's greatest time is in her 30's, I think I will just put that to the test!! As Kelly Conroy told me the other night, "Welcome to the thirty-something family!" I join with great happiness and pleasure!!

9 comments:

JJ said...

I think that page turned out cute! I don't know what you were talking about earlier. What a great page and I loved all the questions and answers. I feel like I know you better now. And Kelly would like me to add that we wish it were possible to hang out with you every day. I'll second that.

Amber said...

Yay for being 30! I don't know how it feels, but I imagine it is probably wonderful- that's how you make it sound anyway! I've got a long ways until I join the club. I think we'll be in it together for a couple years!

Audrey said...

I love your page! and photos. (where did you get that curled circle frame?) You are such a pretty lady. It is lady now you know. You are still just a baby but welcome to the 30's! It is a fabulous place to be. More confidence and conviction without social angst gives way to a power within. You're hitting it with style!!

Linda Clark said...

I have always commented that your girls look like models (aka Anne Geddes) in your beautiful layouts of them and I need to say that you are sassy and gorgeous at 30! I may have to disagree with you on the age thing...30 is a wonderful time, don't get me wrong, it only gets better and at 50+..well, you come a long way, baby!

Paulene Davis said...

You make a great thirty something. Great layout and facts about you. The thirties decade is a wonderful time of your life. I know that you are going to enjoy them.

Jennifer said...

I agree; being 30 is perfectly fine! I love your "Me at 30" page; Abby did a great job taking those pictures, and there is a resemblance to Hillary, holy cow!

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

I am so glad you have embraced your 30th year! I am heading up on my pretty quick. I loved your answers....invisible because you are such a gossip!!!!! A woman of my own heart!

Kelly said...

So, this will be good news for you. When I first looked at the page with out reading anything I thought you had put pictures on from when you where in high school or around that age. I have to agree with you on being 30, I think it is GREAT to be 30. Very good page, I liked learning a little more about you.

Maddox Family said...

Bree, Happy 3-0!! It sounds like you had an awesome birthday. I always love looking at your blog. You have such awesome layouts and fun pictures. Your girls are so cute. 30 isn't so bad. I think life just keeps on getting better. I think those Griffiths genes keep us looking young.