Sunday, July 15, 2007

We're Back!

We are back from a wonderful week filled with relaxation and exploration! After a two day trip to Northern California we reached our campsite in the heart of the Redwoods. We stayed at Prairie Creek National Park and it was great. It was a little un-nerving that they had multiple Black Bear sitings in the campground while we were there, but we were good to keep the food locked up in the "Bear Boxes" and even though my brother Kelly kept insisting that he could hear them in the camp at night, I never saw any!! Abby had the most fabulous time playing with cousins, hiking the trails, playing on the beaches, looking for shells, roasting marshmallows, and sleeping in the tent! Liv loved her new found friend Amber(Trace's girlfriend who came with us) as well as the beach. Eva learned that she doesn't like hiking in a backpack, or getting a sunburn on her nose and cheeks, but she definitely loved all the attention she had. I don't think there was a single moment that someone wasn't playing with her. So here are some pictures of our trip. It really is a one of a kind place. It just blows your mind that something this beautiful and awesome exist. Everyone needs to visit this remarkable place at least once in there life, so if you haven't put it on your to-do list!!!

This last week was so relaxing, I had such a great time with my family, getting to know my new Sister's-in-law, and just being away from everyday life!

5 comments:

Paulene Davis said...

Welcome back. Your posting is fantastic. Thanks for showing me how to post multiple photos. Your trip sounds wonderful.

Kelly said...

Looks like such a great time! I was there once so long ago I hardly remember it but I do remember the magnificent trees. A definite for a to do list! Glad you had a good time.

Audrey said...

I loved hearing about your trip. What a great time you had!

Audrey said...

and thanks for blazing the trails on new and interesting ways to post on the blog. I copied you as usual.

Anonymous said...

...and I love Liv (and the fam)! I love the starfish pictures! So so so cute!! I miss camping and everything that it included: the long drive, dirty clothes, community showers, banana slugs, 3 mile hikes that turned into 7, bear scares, sand-staches, where's Wonda?, the truth about the Griffiths fam by paul and bree, pretty much I miss it all! I love your girls!