Thursday, July 5, 2007

The 4th of July

Well it was a typical blue sky day her in Utah with temps. reaching 100 degrees. I love it, but my poor husband struggles! It turned out to be a wonderful day to get together with my family over at my parents house to play in the water, bar-b-q, and watch the city fireworks. Abby absolutely loved the slip-n-slide and Liv always loves to sit and cool off in the kiddy pool. Of course, my girls decided that fireworks this year were terrifying and wouldn't even hold a sparkler! But the highlight of the day had to be during the city fireworks finally. One exploded on the ground and started four fires in the fields behind my parents house!!(It is what we see almost every year!) The stadium of people erupted into panic and you could hear all the fire engines start up and head over to put out the flames. All very exciting, but a little nerveracking for some of my mom's neighbors. In the end we had a great time, and I love seeing all the flags out lining the streets, as well as the happiness on every ones faces as the fireworks light up the night sky.
Happy fourth everyone!

No comments: