Saturday, July 28, 2007

Saturday's, Cars and Pages

As I write, Paul and Will are out in the garage for the third time (and hopefully last,cross my fingers) putting in the third transmission(please let this one work!). Things seem to be going well so I will be optimistic about this phase of our lives being over! It seems that we have had nothing but trouble since the move. I received a speeding ticket(5 over in a 30, ridiculous!), then Paul had his accident and subsequent car trouble, followed closely by the toaster braking, can opener's work stoppage, and to cap it all off the vacuum decided to die last week! Don't you all agree that we have had our fare share of bad luck for one summer!!! Paul and I decided that with me paying off my ticket($120!!!),completing my traffic school on Wednesday and him finally putting an end to the transmission work today we are getting closure on all this and can begin having some good things come our way!!!!!



Don't the guys look like they are having soooo much fun in the garage with it being 90+ degree's outside?!!! Will's help has been beyond measure through all of this, without him I would have a very unhappy and frustrated husband, and we all know what isn't good about that!!! Not only does he help put in the transmission but they just have some guy time as brothers, talking and laughing as only brother's can! Love ya Will and your willingness to help in a time of need!

As usual in these situations it gives me freedom of the computer to scrap and blog to my hearts desire. Thus here is my newest creation. This one was fun because I recolored almost all the embellishments to match this beautiful paper I have been dying to use by Dahlia Co. Designs (BitterSweet). I absolutely love these flower buttons(MZCora-Just Like Home), aren't they just too cute! When I asked Abby if she liked the layout she told me the buttons were her favorite part too.



Have a good one and keep a lookout for Paul cruisin' the streets and rockin' that Tercel!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet ride! I can't wait to see Paul cruising down the streets with the stereo turned up. Congrats on the new RUNNING automobile!

Great page Bree!

Audrey said...

My fingers are crossed, I rubbed a rabbit's foot, and have had a lot of horseshoes in my path - all to put a little luck your way. Great page, and your new header is superb! The colors are grand, the girls are cute, and your stamped name on torn paper is unique. You are amazing!

Paulene Davis said...

I am so glad to hear about the success of the car today. I love your new header -- it is perfect. Glad that you had time to scrap today - great page.

Kelly said...

Ya, it's fixed. Aren't you glad our husbands are so smart! Great page layout. It looks like Abby is off on two wheels, how fun:)

Anonymous said...

I love your new heading! The girls are so cute, I can't wait to come over and play. And seriously? Speeding five over for $120 dollars? I am definitely feeling for you and the frustration.

Linda Clark said...

I've seen that senerio a couple of times, the Davis boys (including David) in a garage fixing things, but usually motorcycles. If anyone can fix motors, is has to be them. Good times. My motto from Hee Haw is that if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all...or something like that!
Very beautiful header with your darling girls. You continue to inspire us all!