Monday, August 3, 2009

Seventy

Just so you know, Shamae and I completed our 70 mile bike ride on Saturday!

Yes, we basically biked ourselves from North Lehi- down to Mapleton and back!!! I think we could now traverse Utah county with our eyes closed.

One piece of advice for those of you who now want to do this (and I know LOTS of you do!), don't start at 10:00am on August 1st in Utah making you end four hours later when the temperature gauge reads out 102 degrees!!! Yes, I pretty much started in on heat stroke but we finished and it feels like a huge accomplishment!!!

Century here we come in three weeks!!!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

WooHooo!! That is awesome Bree! I'm glad you didn't really get heat stroke, but man that is HOT. Looks like you are ready for the race!!

Sarah F. said...

Bree, that is amazing. Good luck with 100!

Amber said...

Wow, you are amazing!! Why did you start so late? You're usually up bright and early. I bet you got a great tan though! :)

JJ said...

Congratulations! You intimidate me. Good luck on the century trip. We'll be rooting for you!

Hillary Brown said...

good job bree! proud of ya! and no i don't have stretch marks yet- i butter up every day! hopefully that will save me!

Audrey said...

WOW!! Congrats on the big accomplishment and good luck coming up. You are amazing! I barely recognized Abby in the corn. She is getting so grown up!