Sunday, August 16, 2009

All for that smile

Abby arrived home Saturday afternoon, much to all of our delight- we missed her sooo much!! Liv couldn't keep our secret from her for more than a second before she spouted out "Abby we have a big surprise for you!!". They went bounding up the stairs together and the look of pure excitement, surprise and elation was springing from her eyes. It made me very happy that she truely loves her new room and keeps telling me so even today.
(This is a picture that she made a few weeks ago and said "I want to put this in my new room someday." How could I not!)
I think it came together really nicely. It was a really fun project to do with the help of Liv, she LOVED the idea of creating a surprise for Abby! Paul still would like to build her a headboard to complete it, and we await my generous sister's white dresser that she is going to pass our way to replace the brown one.

I asked Abby what the favorite parts of her vacation were and she replied:

1. Collecting rocks from the river next to the cabins (she has a bread sack FULL).
2. Eating different foods "I only didn't like three meals"
3. Swimming in the pool at the hotels "I learned to do a back flip!"
4. Playing the "glasses game" with Laurynn and Alayna while driving (she starts laughing to herself!).
5. Seeing a family of Mountain Goats and squirrels, that kept trying to get the nuts out of her backpack while hiking.

I can't wait to see all the pictures and have her tell me about them and then hear what "Actually" happened from my parents!!

PS: Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and concerns for my sister. She was released back to her house this past weekend with her Labor and Dilation holding steady. She will still be on strict bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy but at least she isn't stuck in a hospital bed and the baby is looking good.

Hill- STAY IN BED!!!!! :)

10 comments:

Jill said...

I love it! You did a great job! And I love the colors as well :)

Michelle said...

It is SO cute! You did a great job re-covering the chair cushions. I love the little night stand and matching lamp shade. What a cute, well-coordinated room! Glad your sis is doing better. It is hard when people you love are so far away.

JJ said...

It really is a stunning room. You did a great job. I just hope Taryn doesn't suddenly want her own room...

Audrey said...

Oh it is really fantastic!!! I can see why she loves it so much. What a fun thing to come home to. I love the way you continued the pattern over the bed. Very very fun.

amberdat said...

I just read up on the past few posts and it sounds like you guys were pretty busy while Abby was gone. I love the new room and the colors are so cute! Who would have thought that those colors could put together an adorable room?!? We took some pictures of Abby for you that I will have to give you. It was so much fun having her there. She seemed to really have a good time. Thanks for letting her come along! I will have to come see her new room before we move!

Sarah F. said...

Abby's room is BEAUTIFUL! You never cease to amaze me, Bree. You have such talent for everything. I am glad Abby is home and had such a great time.

Brooke said...

Wow--that is great! Such a grown-up room! You really should go into design or something. I'm working on my girls' room right now too and having fun with it. It's so fun to change things up.

Kelly said...

Looks amazing!!

Tina DeWitt said...

That turned out SO well. It's a beautiful room! You did an amazing job.

I'm so glad Hillary is doing so well - home is always better than the hospital! Glad baby is staying put for now.

Hillary Brown said...

awesome job bree! Love the room! and don't worry- i'm staying down!!!