Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Modify the plan

Last Friday morning I hugged my oldest, told her to be good and waved goodbye as she drove away in my parents car on a 10 day trip to Glacier National Park in Montana. While I know that she is having the time of her life with all her cousins, aunts, uncles, and Grandparents- we miss her around here!! It feels so strange to only have two children in tow, to only get two ready for bed, to only make meals for a family of four!! I know, you are thinking that it couldn't possibly be that different, but it IS!!

While she is away we decided to mix things up a bit in the room assignments. Abby has been begging for her own space, Eva has developed a fear of the dark and being alone- so we swapped them. Eva and Liv are so excited to be together, and I haven't had to get up a single time at night to calm Eva down- fantastic!! I am redecorating Abby's room as a big surprise for her when she gets back! The look on her face is going to be priceless!!

The week before she left we went all over town looking at bedding, what she liked, what fabrics stores had to offer. Her taste was surprisingly mature and quickly moved from wanting a pink and brown room to yellow, black and white. Personally I LOVE it!! The bedding had to be ordered on-line and should be here in a couple of days and in the mean time we had to buy another bed (more pricey this time around I must say) and I created these wall art pieces that are framed up in thick black frames:There are three of them saying "Wish" "Dream" "Grow".

Things are coming along and this afternoon I will venture into recovering the cushions on the rocker so that it matches and becomes her new reading corner! It should be fun. I will post pictures when it is all done.

On another note my sister Hillary has been admitted to the hospital at 34 weeks pregnant to stop her labor and dilation which is in combination of having way too much amniotic fluid. Pop over to her blog (Hillary and Rand to the right) and offer her support- if all goes well she will be in the hospital for two more weeks before they let her labor progress- however if her baby doesn't cooperate and decides to join us too early they are giving her the steroid for lung development and hoping for the best with their now 4 lb baby girl! They didn't think she would make it through the weekend but she has held on and needs all your prayers and positive thoughts!! We love you Hill and know that everything will be all right. I so wish I could jump on a plane and be there with you!!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my, a 4 lb baby! Thank goodness for modern medicine and ICUs. I hope she's able to "stay pregnant" a little longer. :)

If you want help with that cushion give me a call. Just in case you do buy fabric.... buy a little extra if you want piping in it. (to make the bias tape.) No matter what you do it will look beautiful. I can't wait to see it finished. Your house is so well put together!

Let me know if I can help you with the sewing. It isn't any trouble!

p.s. I can't wait to have you guys over at the house again. You're so much fun! Thanks for a great time. :)

Kelly said...

Abby is going to be so excited. I love her color choices too. I'll keep Hillary in my prayers, that is really scary. I'm sure everything will be fine, but still scary.

JJ said...

How fun for Abby and what a good mother you are! I'm sure Taryn will be extremely jealous.

I love the color choices. How could I not...that patterned black and white paper is my master bedroom bedspread. That girl has great taste!

I can't wait to see the finished product.

I'll keep Hilary in my thoughts and prayers.

Audrey said...

I agree with you. When one is missing, it makes a HUGE difference. Weird huh? I bet she is having a blast though. Can't wait to see after shots of the rooms. You have such an eye for color! Lucky little girls to have custom decorated rooms. I love the wall hangings. Tell Hilary we are praying for her too.