Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Same old, Same old...

We really don't have much excitement going on over here lately. Sorry everyone, but I did think I would check in and say hi to everyone else who does have excitement in there lives!!! The girls have been getting over some head colds and such, and I have been doing my usual things, cooking, cleaning, exercising, and scrapping. I do have my very first activity as the new "Activities Days" leader for the 10yr. old girls in the ward tomorrow. So I am going to have them all help me make the birthday cards for the Relief Society(yes, I am still in charge of that as well). I think they will enjoy that and we can get to know each other and find out some of the things they like to do while we craft and eat some treats - really what more could those girls want right!!!

Over at GDS they have some really fun challenges to do. I haven't ever jumped into one before until this last week when I joined in on the Progressive challenge. The idea is - the leader chooses every four days what you will be putting on your layout. Once one step is done you submit it to the Progressive gallery and you can't change it in any of the next steps! So the first step this time was to put on three photo's. Most of the participants thought doing the photo's first was hard, but that is how I scrap anyway!:Then step two was to choose five elements (three of them must be GDS items) a swirl, a clip, ric-rac, and two more of your choice. (All of these can be duplicated, but not changed in anyway from the original):
Step three will come out on Friday and I will let you know what it is!! I really am having fun doing this, mostly because I am all caught up in my regular pages and it makes me work in a different order than usual!!

Ok, I am off to prep the cards for the girls and give them all a reminder call - I know how scatterbrained I was at that age!!!

6 comments:

JJ said...

I didn't know you were one of the Activity Days leaders? That must be something new. Did you know that Taryn will get involved in Activity Days this year? How odd is it that I have a child old enough to do that.

I like that challenge you are doing. Not sure I could simply because I depend on templates but maybe someday...

I'm so jealous that you are caught up on your scrapbooks. I wish.

Audrey said...

Oh I LOVE those beach photos! That was such a fun day. and it looks like it will be a great layout. Caught up huh???? I could send a few photos your way you know. hee hee My kids have all been passing sickness around too. Come on summer - warm us up and keep us well!

Michelle said...

Cute page already. What adorable photos-- among other things you might becoming a professional photographer too!

Seeing Liv with the starfish reminds me how scared Abby used to be of touching anything. Would Abby have done that at Liv's age? :)

Tamarynn Leigh said...

I'm the RS birthday person, too. You'll have to give me some ideas on what you do. I just did picture frames with cards last year, but wanted to do something different this year...maybe like a goodie bag or something. Anyway...if you don't mind sharing, let me know!

Linda Clark said...

I loved being achievement day leader, we did alot of crafts and baking. They will love all you have to give them and want to be just like you. One of the greatest things I received for my birthday one year from the RS was a call and being sung "Happy Birthday" to by the 90 year old birthday person. I know that the RS birthday person is one of the greatest callings in the church!

Amber said...

When I was in the singles ward my friend and I were in charge of birthday cards. We were supposed to get them signed by the bishop and his counselors but occassionally when a good-looking young man was having a birthday, we'd put in our own little note as well :) That was a fun calling!