Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wondrous

I came up stairs last night, into my kitchen, to start the mundane task of yet another dinner when I was surprised to find the entire room was bathing in the most beautiful shade of soft rose. I couldn't help but look out the window at what could be creating such a captivating sight. This is what I found:Beauty beyond word- so warm and inviting overlooking the barn and horses behind us, amid the tepid temperatures, glistening snow crystals and ice. For a moment time stood still and I understood why people like winter- this was truly magical. It brought peace to my heart on an otherwise gloomy day. My soul was lifted as the sun bade it's farewell with a promise to return again tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love moments like those!

JJ said...

What a beautiful picture! Congrats on capturing it on film.

Brooke said...

That is gorgeous. You are a wonderful photographer!

Amber said...

You should be a poet. You have a way with describing things so it feels like I was there with you. See the rewards you get when you take care of your family's tummies!