Saturday, January 9, 2010

Resolve

I am not one to make a big deal about setting a new goal, or changing things for the better at the mark of a new year. I figure, throughout the year I have mini goals and desires that I try to complete. I set my mind to do something and I do it. Follow through is not a hard thing for me. However, this last year one of my favorite pass times has slipped and I am feeling the mounting pressure with each day that passes that I must set a formal resolution to get it done. I love to Digital Scrapbook, this is no secret. I love preserving my families stories for future generations, but with my life as it is I haven't made a page in over 4 months. I sat down this week with a new resolution to set that time aside for me once again, to have my creative outlet be a priority. I have resolved to complete one layout a day- if I miss, I will do two the next day, and so forth until I have caught myself up.

When I sat down on Monday I was a year behind, I opened my 2009 folder, looked through the pictures and made a game plan of what was important to preserve and what could just be kept in the files. So, in reality I didn't do much scrapping on Monday, but it was productive.

Tuesday I commenced with my project and it was SO hard to get back in the groove! Crazy isn't it? Just like most things in life, if you don't nurture and exercises it, you will loose it. The same goes for our artistic talents. Amid the struggles, this is what I came up with:I am not that pleased with it, I LOVED the kit but I don't know about the flow. Still, I will move forward (I am not one to redue any of my layouts, I view them as a progression of life in all aspects).

Wednesday, back in the groove!I will be attaching her piece of hair when I print it.

Thursday:
Friday: This will be printed in both Liv and Eva's books by swapping the main photo. Do I get credit for two layouts?

Today so far:
This afternoon, I will use my downtime(while Paul is off being another superhero in the Mechanical world for his friend) to make another layout. I have completely enjoyed being back into it. Why do I always default away from it?

Good luck with all of your New Year's Goals!!!

7 comments:

julie Gutke said...

great pages!!!! i think you are super talented to be able to do this!!!! very creative!!! have fun catching up this year.......:)

JJ said...

I'm not making many resolutions this year either. I only get mad at myself if I don't manage to keep them.

As for the pages...well, I've always been jealous of your talent in that area. I really have tried but now the daunting task of catching up at this point is just too much for me. So keep at it!

amberdat said...

All I want to do right now is write a post that says "Dito" with your link next to it! I haven't even started Lincoln's yet... well with pictures of him. I'm going to go make his first page right now. You have inspired me!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful work, as always! Good luck getting all caught up!I like the idea of putting a piece of hair on the haircut layout after it's printed--cute idea!

Michelle said...

Yeah, you could have fooled me. I don't think you are "out of the groove" at all. Your creativity is still right there! Cute LO's. Best wishes for a 2010 full of digital scrapbooking!

Audrey said...

oh yay!!! more pages for me to copy. :) I was sooo relieved to read that you struggle to get back into the swing of things after not scrapping for awhile. Me too!! Just getting back at it myself.I am not as goal ambitious as you. I am only attempting 1 page a week, and if I surprize myself with more, well... bonus! And Happy (late) Birthday to our sweet Abby. She is a beautiful girl. Hurray for the first borns! :)

Hildie said...

I haven't scrapbooked in four YEARS! Do you feel extra sorry for my kids now?