Monday, January 25, 2010

Pioneer Children Sang

Last Thursday (Jan. 21) Abby's First Grade class put on their Devotional Play. They did it under the theme of "I can be a Modern Day Pioneer" All dressed up in pioneer clothes (Thanks Julie for saving me on the costuming front!), and all had parts to memorise as well as songs to sing. They did such a wonderful job and I loved seeing each of them conquer their fears while standing at the mike in front of all those people. Abby had hers memorised the day it was given, she had two speaking parts this year and she did a wonderful job. She told the story of Caroline and Mary Elizabeth Rollins saving the pages of the Doctrine and Covenants from being burned.Asher did a great job on his part as well!I am so proud of them both, they are learning so much and doing so well this year.

I can't get over how great this shot of Asher looks all vintage style!!(Jill feel free to snag any of these that you want!)

6 comments:

Julie said...

Oh so cute! I'm glad the skirt fit. Happy to help.

Amber said...

O cute cousins!! They're holding hands!

Michelle said...

Abby looks just like a pioneer in that last pic. :) How nice to be able to attend a school with LDS values.

Jill said...

They are soo cute, and both did a great job! Great job on the pictures :) I love that they have become such good friends!

Audrey said...

Wonderful!!!! and such clear shots in an auditorium. Would that be a 2.8 lens you are using? :) Little Abby looks so big now. Very very cute!

Jennifer said...

How fun! I bet they both were fantastic!