Saturday, January 16, 2010

Identity Crisis

Yesterday afternoon the girls were stir crazy (Abby had the day off of school) and they needed something hands on and creative to alleviate the need to hang from the ceiling and bounce off the walls. They started asking, then begging, to make cookies. So, I said "why not!" and we set about making some cookies to decorate.

Let me pause for a moment to share with you just how monumental this occasion was for us. You see I am not that spontaneous when it comes to activities. Anyone who has gone through three children under the age of three knows that spontaneity is not a friend, but the foremost of enemies! However, with the girls now reaching the ages that we can do before mentioned kind of activities with out the certain knowledge that throwing, shaking, spreading of frosting and sprinkles throughout the kitchen and entire house would not in fact happen (it was also beneficial that I had planned on cleaning the kitchen that afternoon anyway).

So I baked and then they decorated until their little creative brains could compose no longer. We had smiles, laughter, and joy. They were lovely, pure shrines of confection, masterpieces... only I don't think the cookies knew what they were suppose to be. Were they spring time flowers and butterflies? Or were they Christmas trees, gingerbread men, and mint flavored candy canes? Such is my life, nothing that should go together gets put together, and yet it tastes divine!!

And just so that I can keep myself held accountable to my goal, here are the layouts from this week. Progress I tell you, progress!

Because I made two on one day, I will take this afternoon off and go visit my sister Hillary who is in town just for today from Missouri, I can't wait to see her and catch up!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Fun cookies! Your camera makes them look even better, too!
Great looking layouts--I love the 80's skating one--I love that blue, and I like the swirl of colors right behind the pictures--very nice. It was great to see you for a bit today!

Amber said...

Ok, seriously? 80's night!?! Why didn't you post about that and WHY didin't you invite us!?!? Haven't I showed you my 80's dress that I bought when I was in college for our ward activity... 80's PROM NIGHT? If I didn't come to wear that beautiful article of clothing, you should have called me so that you could wear it. Next time, Bree... next time. Adorable pages, you are amazing. Absolutely amazing.