Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sometimes they make me smile!

I have NEVER had children that fall asleep spontaneously- you know, in the car, at church, on the floor in the family room, etc. They have a hard time sleeping anywhere but their room. I have been envious of many of you at times, although I am VERY grateful that they have always sleep in their own room, in their own beds from the day they were all born (OK, and thanks to my magic mother!). So you can imagine the surprise and gut busting laughter on our faces when we found Liv like this on Sunday night!!! I am going to preface that we had a VERY busy weekend, lots of family events and fun things, which in turn meant that she hadn't had a nap since Thursday. We did get home from my in-laws house around 9:30pm and we shuffled everyone up stairs to put on their pajamas, I went in to put Eva to bed, while Paul was doing, something (I don't know!) when next thing I hear is "Bree, you have GOT to come see this!" I rounded the corner to Liv's room and busted out laughing- how does one fall asleep in that position while trying to put on their pajamas? How could she not possibly hold her eyes open or her body upright for one more minute! I will never know, but it sure did make me smile- even though she is going to kill me in a few years that I shared that with everyone!!!
Oh, and on Friday night we went to the BYU tailgate party with my parents and the Mickelson's- the girls had a great time playing all the games, jumping in the bounce houses, eating cotton candy and of course Abby's favorite part was getting her face painted like a butterfly:
You just got to love it!

10 comments:

JJ said...

Same concept as children falling asleep with the faces in a bowl of spaghetti - not one ounce of toddler-energy left to finish the task at hand! Thank you so much for sharing! That was awesome!

Laura said...

That is hilarious! That picture is going to end up being a classic in your family forever!

Amber said...

Oh man, that was one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time! I absolutely loved that. She looks like a very tired little girl with a very busy agenda! Where was Abby during her rapid unconsciousness? She usually does a good job at keeping people awake. Isn't that what big sisters are for? So cute!

Audrey said...

OOOHHH that is so cute. Poor thing. By the way... Flat Abby came to our house today, and we could not be more excited! The girls have been fighting over who gets to carry her, who gets to sleep with her, who gets to sit by her at the table. I hope this poor doll lasts! We are going to start our adventures with her tomorrow.

Paulene Davis said...

Poor Liv. She played so hard on Sunday with her cousins. Thanks for coming and making the day so much fun. Jessica made the comment that she had time with each of her siblings on this trip and loved every minute. Wow! Abby's face painting is one of the best ones that I have seen. However, with that perfect face - nothing can go wrong.

Jennifer said...

That sweet little Liv just makes me smile! I LOVE that picture! I can only imagine the perfect layout that you will create with it! The poor little thing! I can't believe she fell asleep like that! That's so funny and cute.

I love the butterfly on Abby's face; that's so pretty! My girls will be jealous!

Tamarynn Leigh said...

That picture is PRICELESS! Too cute! Abby looks so grown up...wow! You guys better watch out...she is simply GORGEOUS!!

williams family said...

So funny! That is definately going to be to look back on over the years.

Michelle said...

ha ha ha! LOve that photo of Liv!!

Abby is such a sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Nice just pull her panties down and take advantage of that one topless. Guaranteed she getting creamed cum on