Friday, October 3, 2008

All things Crafty

I have a new favorite show- not one that will replace Lost, or 30Rock, but a fun little guilty pleasure that Paul and I watch at night off of TiVo and we just find it completely hysterical and funny. Have I got your attention! It is called "Whatever Martha". Have you heard of this little gem? I saw a commercial for it one day and set the TiVo to record and now I can't get enough of it. The premise of the show is that Martha Stewart's daughter, Alexis Stewart, and her friend Jennifer sit and watch old episodes of Martha Stewart Living and bash it, make fun of it, point out the hystericalness that is Martha! I guess I find it very funny because I was a devoted Martha Stewart Living show and Magazine fan for YEARS! Yes, even after she was convicted and went to jail I still watched and subscribed, because I GET her! I find her perfectionism very funny and adorable! So I find out that she is the mastermind behind this little gem of a program and that makes it even more funny that it was her idea!! So find it, and TiVo it, because it is like watching the old SNL sketches that parodied her all over again.
On that same crafty note I have been all aflutter with decorating for the upcoming holiday! I love Halloween and this week my father brought over his corn stalks (although in our current house I can't use as many of them) and Liv and I set to work. I found some great ribbon at Costco, black with orange glitter- awsome!- to wrap them in.Last year I noted that Jerianne was hanging things from her kitchen chandelier in her holiday decorating and I LOVED that idea and so I attempted to copy her somewhat (I hope you don't mind!). I found these fantastic little beaded spiders over at Robert's crafts, along with these fabulous glittered metal words that say "Boo", "Spooky", and "eek"- LOVED them! And what I loved even more was that everything holiday is 50% off this week, so for pennies we added a few decorations. Now I LOVE them, and Liv LOVES them, Paul, not so much!!! He came home for dinner and sat down to eat and after a few minutes said "These are really bothering me"!!!! I did think about him while hanging them up because I know that he HATES spiders, but the general nature of having hanging spiders at the table didn't bother him, it was the small shinny beaded texture of them that was making him all nutso!!! Who knew!! Of course I told him to suck it up, he had 28 more days of it!!!
Now, just to finish up on my crafty entry here are a couple of pages for Eva's book. I am starting back in the spring again for her, thank goodness for the blog to help me remember what we were doing back then!!!Have a great weekend- we are headed up to Logan for the BYU game- Thanks Amber and Trace for the tickets- and Thanks to Paulene and David for taking on our three rambunctious girls for the night- LOVE YOU!!!

7 comments:

JJ said...

That's some pretty impressive stuff. You've been a very busy little bee. Wish I could keep up with you!

Love your decorations!

Audrey said...

Great pages as usual. Don't you just love that Gabby kit? Never heard of that Martha show, but thanks for the tip. Beaded black widows??? Oh my girls loved seeing those. Those are spectacular. Can I hire you to come decorate my house?

Paulene Davis said...

Your house looks fabulous. I have always loved your corn husks that you get every year. Abby told me about your spiders. I think that Paul gets his spider phobia from me. Loved spending time with the girls. They are such a delight. Great pages. Eva is really growing up and it shows, especially on the yellow polka dot page (my favorite)

Jennifer said...

Poor Paul! I love Eva's sweet face in those pages; she has such beautiful brown eyes, and such an angelic expression!

I hope you guys had fun at the football game!

Amber said...

Ha ha ha. Paul will just have to get over it... and quick! I'm pretty sure that the definition of HALLOWEEN includes the word spider. Although I'm not so sure about glittery spiders but you that definitely fits a crafty woman's definition of decoration so I support it! The pages are absolutely adorable. I love the second one- with the cute words and wrinkled paper. We're so glad you came up for the game! And even more glad that it didn't rain!

Linda Clark said...

Darling decorations! Since living in the country now for 18 years, I have pretty well gotten over my spider phobia. You have given me incentive to get my stalks, pumpkins, gourds, and squash all up on my front porch. It was great to visit with you this weekend and enjoy your little girls.

Collette said...

I love WHATEVER MARTHA!!! I haven't missed an episode yet. My sister Alisa and I would do the same thing when we watched marths stewart a long time ago. It's nice to know that there are people out there that actually do it. And the funny thing is Martha produces the show