Friday, October 31, 2008

It's Halloween!!

Oh, I LOVE this holiday!! It is just so fun!!! This week has proved to be very busy, and long!! Both Paul and Eva launched themselves into sinus infections, but now that they have been on the antibiotic for several days they are doing much better and we are now ready to celebrate!! So after glancing at every ones blogs it appears that carving pumpkins last night was very late on our part!! But it was fun non the less and here are some pictures:
Liv LOVED digging into the guts and stirring her pot of "guts" in the bowl!
Abby didn't like the "slimys" so much but thought the fun eyes that were going onto the pumpkins were cool!
Eva could hardly wait to get a hold of the "mooshys" and I couldn't take that bowl away from her for the rest of the night!!Everyone thought my idea of using the drill to make a Polk-a-dot pumpkin was fantastic. I had no idea that they would all want to hold the drill and make the holes themselves!! Way to go girls, and by the way- that was WAY to messy, talk about pumpkin splatter EVERYWHERE!!
Today Liv was the first to get all decked out for her preschool party.
Doesn't she look so cute as a princess "with a pointy hat"!
She got to wear "makeups" for the first time, glitter lip gloss and sparkly shadow. We also put glitter stars on her cheeks, if you look closely you can see them, she was overjoyed with this!!Next we got Abby all ready. She was so excited to be Wonder Woman this year. We have been recording the Justice League so that she could see what she does and she thinks she is so cool now!! I think Abby makes the perfect super hero and I am delighted to have something other than a princess in the house!!
She thought it appropriate to pose like she was climbing the tree, I don't know!!Blocking bullets!

Eva, as always is her own self, not wanting to put on her costume and screaming every time I try!! How can I have a child that doesn't like to dress up for Halloween? I will keep working on her, we will come up with something!

Happy Halloween everyone!! Have a fun time out being your alter ego for the night!!!

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Liv looks adorable, and Abby is drop dead gorgeous in those pictures! She looks so grown up; it makes me kind of sad! I've always loved Wonder Woman, so this is a great costume in my mind! Very classy, Miss Abigail!

Your jack-o-lanterns are super cute! I love the eyes you put on them; I'll have to remember that for next year!

amberdat said...

Oh how I loved visiting you guys tonight. Your girls were so cute in their costumes and it was so fun to see them so excited! Thanks again for letting us hang out with you- maybe someday soon we'll have our own little family to celebrate Halloween with. Until then, your family was just perfect! Love you guys!

JJ said...

It looks like you guys have had a lot of fun this Halloween season (despite the illnesses). Your girls look adorable and the pumpkins were very Martha Stewartesque.

I really need to get around to posting our Halloween stuff.

Laura said...

So Cute! I love the Wonder Woman costume. I always wanted to be Wonder Woman when I was growing up and could never find a good costume. I love it!

Jill said...

Wonder Woman is gorgeous! She looked so grown up with make-up on!
You and Cory think alike cause he broke out the drill this year to carve his pumpkins!!
The plan was to come over and trick or treat at your house last night, but time got away from us and of course Lily had something else in mind...So we are sad we missed you guys. For sure next year though we'll be over!

Audrey said...

Oh I LOVE! your pumpkins. That is always Kevin's job with the kids and since he is in China we didn't carve this year. so sad, and I miss roasting the seeds. Thank you Liv for still being a princess. There is something so little girl about that. Abby you are my new hero! Wonder Woman was always my favorite with the bullet bracelets. Hmmmm I may have to "borrow" that idea since I'm into sewing costumes now. ha ha Happy Halloween!

Joel, Julie, and Maddie said...

WOW! Cute girls, especially Abby in the grown-up makeup.

Kelly said...

What cute costumes. That is to bad Eva didn't want to dress up. I'm sure she'll be more excited next year. Wonder Woman looks great! Did you make that costume? I haven't seen that in stores. Happy Halloween!

Michelle said...

Great costumes. I love Liv's adorable eyes in that pumpkin carving pic.

So funny that Paul is teaching the girls about power tools at this age. THey truly are his children.
Hope you had a happy halloween.

Linda Clark said...

Halloween was a blast at your house, that's for sure. Everything and everyone looked great. Loved the holes in the pumpkin thing. I saw where you get a ceramic one and put tiny holes in and stick suckers all over it.

williams family said...

I love Abby and Liv's costumes. I was bummed that I didn't get to see Liv's, we headed up to my mom's so we weren't there if they came by, but I got to see Abby's when we came to your house and I thought it was great. It reminded me of you.

Paulene Davis said...

The pumpkins are wonderful, especially the cat one. Abby is a perfect wonder woman. I laughed about the bullets and bracelets. Glad Liv got to wear sparkle makeup and that Eva got to play in the pumpkin seeds. You are a great mother to do so much on Halloween.