Saturday, October 11, 2008

Falling Leaves

Yes, it appears while I am in the office with full sweats, slippers and still freezing to death, that the warm weather of summer is gone, only to be replaced with cold, bitter wind, rain and (weatherman predicted)snow. I am not at all happy about this as I forced myself out of bed this morning, put on a coat and headed to the gym for my spin class at 7:00am!! I miss my summer already! But there is a bright side to all of this, I do LOVE myself a cute coat, hat and matching scarf, knee high heeled boots, and cute sweaters! So, I suppose I will stop complaining!!! Another bright side to cold is that the leaves have all change to beautiful bright and brilliant shades of red, gold, and orange and the mountains are stunning. Thus I made my way up the canyon with my girls to torture them yet again for the fall photo shoot. I was a little frantic knowing that the weather was going to be winter today, so I HAD to go yesterday afternoon despite the fact that the wind was blowing and the temps were about 45 degrees. So in all the pictures the girls are wearing jackets and gloves, they have rosy cheeks and bitten noses- all the cuter I think!!

Most of our time was spent doing this:
I was only able to get a few of Eva before she was chilled to the core, nose was running, and she was crying! I am such a terrible mother- sacrifice the comfort of the children so that I can scrap a page or two or four!!!

This last picture is for Amber- thanks again for inviting us up to the game, we had the most wonderful time (even though my Aggies lost!)Have a great weekend!!

7 comments:

Audrey said...

Great shots! The fall colors really accent their hair. Such cute girlies! Oh the things they have to put up with for a camera happy mom!

Jill said...

I love the pic's! Good thing you got those shots in and didn't wait. Your girls are darling!

Amber said...

Yet again, another successful fall photo shoot! Too bad the cold weather crept up on us a little faster than we had hoped for. It started snowing here yesterday- something I am definitely not used to! That one of Eva at the end is a little sad... poor thing! She'll be happy though in about ten years when she sees all the cute pictures that her mother made her smile for.. and all the others that her mother hoped that she would smile for :)! Thanks for posting the last picture. I'll be sure to save it for my scrapbook page! And thanks so much for letting me borrow the bracelets :) ha ha.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful pictures! Alayna is sitting here with me looking at the blogs, and she said, "Wow, that is GORGEOUS! Where are they?" Yes, I must agree with my daughter; those pictures are quite gorgeous, indeed. I love Liv and Abby holding hands, especially from behind. And little Eva has such a precious little face.

It was so great to see you guys again yesterday; our carmel apples are already gone! They were beautiful...and YUMMY!!!

Linda Clark said...

Beautiful fall colors with beautiful girls! Probably by the time you read this, you will have had lots of snow from the weekend. We got very little and I am still whining, but not too bad because we are supposed to get in the 60's by Friday. But I do love the sweaters and hoodies and colorful socks!

JJ said...

I'm sorry I missed it (now that I know we got snow). And I'm also realizing that I didn't leave my canyon pass for you to use. Should have left it when I was at your house.

Despite the cold, cute photos of your beautiful girls and the colors were gorgeous!

Paulene Davis said...

I love your Fall photo shoots every year. Your girls are beautiful. I made copies of the photos and will be using them in my scrapbooks. Love the photo of Abby and Liv walking over the bridge. I have a photo of Paul and Will walking down the sacred grove path. It brought back great memories.