Friday, October 24, 2008

That time of year

Yes my children have been enduring the first of I am sure many many bouts with the nasty head colds that will come into our lives. So it is every fall when school starts up combined with the colder temps and going to church, or should I say nursery, each Sunday. Funny that this round started with Paul of all people, he must be hugging and kissing the children too much or something!!! Anyway that is why I don't have much to post this week, I have started to lose my voice yesterday accompanied by a soar throat so I hope that is all I am going to get, I hate having a stuffy nose and cough.
This week we started in on our Halloween countdown calendar that I found here . It starts on the 19th and follows up to the 31st with something fun and crafty for the kids to do each day. So far we have read "The Jack-o-lantern" story and drawn our own on paper. Then we made Halloween paper bag puppets and put on a show. Next came singing Halloween songs that we know, and they knew a lot surprisingly! We walked around the neighborhood and took pictures of the decorations on their digital cameras. This was followed by making Halloween cards for some of our neighbor friends and today we are decorating our Halloween buckets. Sneak peak -because I have to be prepared- tomorrow we will be watching the Muppet Halloween Adventure movie. So that has been fun.
Last night I went to dinner with my high school girl friends. I was so happy to see them again in honor of Tina due to have her first little girl baby in a couple of weeks (she has a little boy but we all know that girls are better!), although the doctors say she will go any day and she was contracting the entire night!! Can't wait to hear that the sweet baby has arrived- good luck with everything Tina I am pulling for fast and easy!!!
Tonight is the Fall Festival at Abby's school, so we are headed over there for all the fun with Cory, Jill and their darling kids. That should be a great time and Abby almost can't wait- the only thing that has helped is the fact that she had her first field trip to the pumpkin patch today!
Tomorrow is another home BYU game which means I am suppose to go over to my mothers to hang out with the girls and cousins, but with the head colds I am not sure if we are going to make it. My sister sent this word art over a little while ago and I had a good laugh:So very true for my sister-in-law Jenn and I!!! But as I was saying before I really don't mind because it give us all an excuse to get together, visit, play, eat good food, and have a great time together!
Exhibit A:Abby and Laurynn are the very best of friends!! As soon as they see each other they run and hug and walk off together hand in hand and proceed to laugh and laugh and laugh- so precious!
Exhibit B:Look at those happy sweet faces having fun together!
Exhibit C:Last time we were together we made these!!! My mother makes the BEST caramel for dipping apples, Fantastic and Fun!!!
So while the season may be long to some, and Brandon's family can only wear blue on Saturday, I really do enjoy the football season, just not cold and flu season!!!

6 comments:

Audrey said...

Please adopt me! I want those apples. Hope you all feel better soon!

Paulene Davis said...

You are doing so many fun things. No wonder your kids love Halloween. I know what you can bring next time we get together -- they look so Martha.

Jennifer said...

Those apples really were heavenly! I am of course stealing those cute pictures of our girls together! I love that they play together so well.

I am so sorry that you guys have colds yet again. That's miserable! You honestly didn't even sound like yourself on the phone; I had to keep reminding myself that it was you I was talking to! In fact, you almost sounded a little like your mom! Weird! Good luck finding a sub for your Primary class, and I hope you guys truly do get better VERY SOON! We'll miss you for the home game today (especially my little Laurynn, poor thing!).

Amber said...

Oh my gosh. Those carmel apples look so amazing right now. I can almost taste them. I love all the fun activities that you guys have done to get ready for Halloween! That is adorable. Maybe i'll steal some of them to do with my kids this week (the kids that I nanny for, that is!) I'm sorry about the cold! I hate having a cold and feeling sick but it's a good excuse to drink hot chocolate in the winter... I don't really know why but any excuse for hot chocolate is a good one! :)

Kelly said...

Well, at least you are still having fun regardless of stuffy noses. I hope it didn't get much worse. Your last two posts make me home sick!

Michelle said...

Those apples look divine! I need the recipe.

I got a laugh at the word art. Normally I feel that way...but since we've been apart so much of the football season Dave's probably enjoyed all the freedom without any of the usual chores on Saturdays.

It was great to talk with you tonight. I'm glad you have your voice back and hope that your house recovers 100% by Halloween so they can go out and get loaded up on candy. ;)