Thursday, May 1, 2008

and the Slacking continues...

So, things have been a little crazy around here. Paul left town on a business trip and all three girls decided to come down with SEVERE head colds! This of course has thrown off the exercises schedule for this week at only two weeks from my race, so I am not the happiest. However, we are picking Paul up tonight (after a drive thru run- who wants to cook for three sick girls anyway) and then tomorrow I will get in my missed swim and Shamae and I will do the bike/run combo of our race on Saturday between Abby's kindergarten assessment (my mom's private school does that one on one with her, I can't be in the room. I hope she doesn't get too shy and can show then how supremely smart she is!!) and her kids soccer games in the afternoon. Boy, us mom's sure do get busy when we have things we would like to accomplish!! Oh and just to crap it out a little more, the Rec center is closing down the week before the race-to take the bubble off the pool- It will be great and all to have it off for the race but don't they know that some of us are nervous and NEED them to be open so we can keep practicing!!

On a more positive note (sorry people, sometimes I just need to vent) I have just been scrapping away my afternoons over the past two weeks, working on my dad's book and I have to say it is coming along fabulously!! I think it is going to be pretty great if I do say so myself (and this is MY blog so I can!). I was able to pick up two really great kits that I think have added that Island vibe they were needing. So here is another sneak peak because many of my family read this and I want them all to be surprised with my dad.Oh, and Shamae had a great idea, if any of my family members are interested. She thinks she is going to order herself a copy of the book at the same time that I put in the order for my dad to save herself the shipping. If anyone else wants to do that just let me know. I have tried to put the voice of this book from him to the reader. So the stories and narratives are all from his perspective and it really is going to be a great heirloom.
Until next time...

9 comments:

Amber said...

I'm sorry to hear that all your girls have colds! It is probably due to the severe winter wonderland that surprised us this morning when we woke up... remember how it is MAY??? I am sorry to hear that you haven't been able to practice but I do know that nonetheless, you will do fabulous! You have been practicing for so long, you will do so well!! I also love the new page. I really like the lettering and the flowers. The netting in the background is perfect as well!

JJ said...

I wouldn't call training for a triathlon, putting together a scrapbook of a two-year mission, and taking care of sick children by yourself "slacking."

Sorry the girls have colds. It's probably from that chilly birthday party you went to on Saturday.

If there's anything I can do to help out, let me know.

Jennifer said...

I agree with Jerianne--you are anything but a slacker! I'm so sorry that not only has Paul been out of town (that's always hard!!), but that all three of your kids have been sick, to boot! Man, when it rains, it really pours! Count me in on ordering the heirloom album of Jay's mission--it really is going to be fantastic! Thanks so much for putting your magnificent talent to such great use for all of us! I can't wait to see the whole thing! I hope everyone gets feeling better soon!

Laura said...

Your pages look great! I'm sorry to hear about your workout troubles...it sucks when you can't work out like you want. I'm sure you'll do great in the upcoming race!

Jessica said...

Everything seems to happen all at once. If anyone can handle the pushing and pulling, it's you! Good luck on your upcoming race!

Audrey said...

Now you are singing my tune! Out-of-town husband and sick kids. I have more amoxcillian in my fridge than milk! Wish we could hang together. But on a bright note, your pages for your dad's book are fantastic. That will be an amazing family heirloom!

Kelly said...

Doesn't sound like such a great week. I hope everyone is feeling better. You are going to do great in the race, don't even worry about not swimming the week before. So, how did you like running that hill after cycling?? Woho.

Tamarynn Leigh said...

That heirloom book looks AMAZING so far and I think it is so neat that you are creating it. It will definitely be a priceless gem! Sorry about the kids being sick and having an absent husband...that definitely makes it hard to stick to the training program. I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear how you will do (which I think you will do GREAT). Good luck!!!

Paulene Davis said...

Sorry the girls were sick. I am also sorry that you were not with Paul on this trip. He was very fun to be with and I know how much he missed you. He kept sayihg that he wished that you were with him. I am so impressed with your work on your father's book. I can't wait to see it.