Sunday, May 11, 2008

Motherhood

Happy mother's day to all you wonderful women in my life!! I love today because Abby keeps coming up to me randomly and giving me hugs and telling me that she loves me. Liv keeps smiling and saying "it's happy mother's day mom". Here is my yearly layout in honor of this wonderful day (I must confess that I did this layout last month for a challenge at GDS and used the picture from last year, so I just popped in the new one and viola!)

To my wonderful mom who can quite often be heard saying "If the grandkids want ice cream for breakfast, they shall have ice cream for breakfast!"- you are the greatest! You give me so much love and support. Right down to last week when I was home alone with three sick kids and no milk or bread, I knew that if I called you it would be remedied, and quickly!! Thank you for being such a wonderful resource when it comes to raising my children. You always have the right answer to all of my questions. Love you.

To my most wonderful Mother-in-law Paulene- What more could I ask for!! We are two of a kind and I love that we share so many interest and hobbies and that we really understand each other and share the same high level of love for Paul and my children. My greatest memory of you (well there are a million but...) was right after giving birth to my first child Abby and my mother saying she was beautiful but different then her own, you walked into the room pulled her tenderly into your arms and said "Oh, it is one of mine!" I LOVED that, and the two of you have shared a special bond from that point on.

We love you moms, and I truly do love my opportunity to join in that wonderful calling in life. Hopefully I do my darling girls justice in raising them just as well as I and my husband have been.
Cheers!

7 comments:

JJ said...

Happy Mother's Day to a specatcular mother! You always amaze me with the things you do and your children are wonderful. I hope you had a great day!

Linda Clark said...

What a beautiful tribute. It was very inspiring and I loved hearing about your appreciation and love for them.

Paulene Davis said...

I am so touched by your tribute. Thank you. I love Nicole's Ice Cream Attitude and her great example of how she loves you and her family. Yes, Abby is one of mine as well as Liv, Eva and you. I am blessed to have a loving, beautiful, and talented daughter in law. .

Amber said...

I love that you had three sweet, beautiful girls for me to love and play with! I have always appreciated the fact that you are a mother!!

Audrey said...

Glad you had a great day! You are blessed to have great women in your life, and it shows cause you are a good one to have in my life.

Jennifer said...

It was so fun to see you on Mothers' Day. I love the picture and layout you have--what a great idea! I should do that, too!

Jill said...

I too love the layout! It is so great to be in a family with so many awesome mothers! Love to the moms!