Saturday, May 17, 2008

Completion!

It is now official, I have completed my first triathlon!!! You have no idea how happy this makes me and the sense of accomplishment that is flowing through my body!!! Mostly because A)I did not throw up at the finish line (although Paul saw two ladies do it while waiting for me to cross!) and B)I finished and did pretty well for my first time I think, with a final time of 1 hour 25 min. This placed me 61 out of 123 in my division and 212 out of 473 total. So pretty much right in the middle and as I analyze my times more I can definitely see areas that could be improved.
Things I have learned today:
-I CAN do it!
-My sister Shamae is Awesome, she beat me by 2 minutes and placed 36 in her age group!
-Kelly is my newest hero! She beat me by 5 minutes and placed 30th in our age group and 95th over all- AWESOME!!!
-yes, a 60 year old woman can pass me on the run!
-I can borrow my brother's bike from 1980 and it will perform beautifully, no falling off chains and no flat tire!
-next time don't take the water that is offered at the booths because it is nearly impossible to drink it while running and you end up wearing it all instead.
-Always have your dad at the top of the HUGE hill to motivate you to keep running because there is NO WAY I was going to let him see me walking it!!!
-Paul is an amazing support and I love that he was there to cheer me on the entire way and document it all on film.
-always do these events with family and friends because it makes it so much more exciting and fun (Thanks girls!!)
-kids definitely have more fun having a sleepover with Grandma Davis then sitting around in the sun bored for hours (thanks you guys it helped me out more than you know!)

And now (drum roll please)
THE WOMEN OF STEEL TRIATHLON
The crowdGetting ready!This one is mostly because Shamae and Kelly begged me not to post it, but it is the only picture I have of all three of us! (Plus it is just really funny)Here I amBiking it old school!Shamae coming up the hill Rounding into the home stretchFinished!!This really was so much fun and one of the greatest accomplishments!! I think I will need to do this again!

11 comments:

Audrey said...

All I can say is AMAZING!!! I would throw up just thinking about doing a triathalon. Congratulations on accomplishing what you have worked so hard to train and prepare for! You are great.

JJ said...

I am absolutely impressed. I'm not sure what else to say. You are amazing! Congratulations!

Tamarynn Leigh said...

Oh Bree...CONGRATULATIONS!!! You did AMAZING! I totally agree with you that this is such an awesome experience. I don't think some people realize what an accomplishment it can be! For what it's worth...I am extremely impressed. If you decide to do it again, let me know which one, because I would love to do one with you, because it's so much more fun with support of friends and family. Way to believe in yourself and go for it!! GREAT JOB...YOU ROCK!!!

Michelle said...

Whew, you must be exhausted! What an accomplishment!!! I'm so proud of you!!

Kelly said...

Good job Bree, you did so great!! I'm so glad you are able to check this one off you list. it is a huge accomplishment. I'm so glad we got to do it together, and we should do another one too. Paul got some really great pictures!
I love all of them except for one:) Thanks for posting that...I'm totally not embarrassed.
p.s I still think something was wrong with there swim clock!

Paulene Davis said...

Congrats!! These pictures are amazing. You look confident and great. Glad to help out with the easy part - loved having your girls over.

Linda Clark said...

Congrats on an amazing feat. What an awesome thing to do. What an inspiration for us all!

Laura said...

You are awesome! That sounds like it was such a great experience! Way to go!

Amber said...

You are AMAZING!! And might I say, you look fantastic as well!! I am so so so happy that you accomplished your goal! You have been working hard for this for a very long time and I am so glad that all the hard work paid off! I love the pictures, especially the one of the three of you in the swim caps! So cute and such a great picture. Way to go Bree! I want to do the next one with you! Or how about a half marathon?

Jessica said...

Congrats! You not only did it, but you did it well. I would love to get into that kind of thing. Great job!

Jennifer said...

GOOD JOB, BREE!!!!!! I am SO proud of you guys for doing this, seriously, I admire your dedication and hard work. I loved the things you've learned; I love your perspective on things! Good job, Griffiths women!!!!! And Kelly, too!