Friday, May 23, 2008

Time marches on...

I have these moments. You know, moments when all of a sudden I realize that I am 30, married for 7 years and have three children! I get all shocked and have to take a look at myself in the mirror to remind me that yes, in fact I am NOT 16 anymore, but the mother of a 5 year old that just graduated from preschool this morning and will be starting Kindergarten in THREE short months!
I am so proud of Abby and all that she has accomplished this year. She has really grown, not only in height (Can you see that she is by far the tallest in her class!)
but also in her social and academic skills. I was looking over the assessment taken of her at the beginning of the year and she didn't even know her full name or birthday let alone know how to write the full alphabet and count to 100. Growth, it is a good thing and I love to watch her succeed in everything she does.

This is a picture of her dearest friend in school, Craig. Very often she can be heard saying "Craig did ..." or "Craig says...." I would be lying if I didn't also LOVE the fact that he is my good friend from high schools little boy!!!Way to go Abby, love ya girl!!!

Because she would be distraught if I didn't include her, Liv got a hair cut this week. A cute little bob for the summer and she loves it. (Never mind the tutu she has been wearing all day!)
Oh and here is my baby, turned 18 months on Wednesday

Time marches on....

9 comments:

Laura said...

I know exactly what you mean! I still feel 18...maybe 19 somedays. Such cute girls! I abolutely love Liv's bob! Adorable!

JJ said...

I feel like such a slacker because I never update the look of my blog. Yours is so cute!

Okay, first of all...could your girls be any cuter?! My goodness. Such beauties.

Second, I completely know how you feel. I'm blogging this evening adn the same thoughts are running through my head.

Audrey said...

I just love your girls, and can't believe we will have kindergarteners soon! Yes, in my mind I am 24, working, and wearing dry-clean only clothes, but that mirror in the morning after being up with kids in the night and then up early with them again in the morning soooo tells a different story!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations, Abby! I can't believe how grown up you are getting! Cute haircut, Liv--you are adorable, as always. And, little Eva, I LOVE that picture of you! You are such a beauty!

Michelle said...

What, you're 30?!! When did that happen?? (wink, wink)

The girls are adorable and growing up so fast! Way to go Abby. I hope you like school 'cause you're in it for several more years. :)

Paulene Davis said...

WOW, you are right,time has marched on. It is hard to believe that our Abby is ready for kindergarten. Don't get me wrong, she is so bright and smart. Love Liv's haircut - it frames that wonderful personality of hers. And speaking of time passing, Eva has turned into a beautiful little girl all of a sudden.

Paulene Davis said...

PS. Love the new look of the blog. Someday I hope you teach me your talent for color.

Jill said...

Cute blog, and adorable girls (as always!) Eva's hair looks so light in that picture, is it getting lighter? We will both experience our first going to kindergarten this upcoming school year, and it is forcing me into a reality check as well! I'm getting old!!!

Amber said...

I am so behind in reading blogs... you have had it posted for a week and I just barely looked at it today! I am glad that I got to see that cute little bob in person though. I sure do love her! As well as your other two girls- you know how much I look forward to coming over and playing with them! Congrats Abby!! Preschool is such a great accomplishment, the start of many years of school! I remember my graduation... my high side pony tail will never be forgotten!