Monday, April 21, 2008

I'm a bit of a slacker...

It's not that I have been extra busy or my hands have just been too full lately. I haven't blogged for a while because, well, I just haven't felt like it. Do any of you get that way from time to time also? I know that I get upset when my list of people I like to check up on don't post for a while. So I apologise to those of you who have been missing my fun, amusing and inspiring posts as of late!!
As for a little catch up on us:

Abby has now lost TWO teeth and the new ones are already moving on in. I have forgotten that new permanent teeth start out all jagged and ridged until they get smoothed down. She gets very excited every time she looks in a mirror and sees the stubs!

Liv has some new wheels! For a while now she has been wanting to keep up with Abby on her two wheeler, but alas, she has those short Griffiths legs(sorry) and her feet can't reach the pedals of her big wheel. So the other day I was watching Good things Utah during my morning run and they had this Utah lady on showcasing her new bikes she was selling at various shops around the state. They are called BootScoot Bike's and it caught my eye as the perfect solution for Liv's plight! After a couple days of consideration Paul decided to pick one up for her and she LOVES it!It doesn't have pedals and the wheels are tubeless, so you just sit down and scoot along like on a kid bike! I think it is going to really help her gain the sense of balance she will need when her legs are big enough for a real two wheeler.

Eva, well Eva is just Eva! We love that smiling girl! She has developed a love for baby dolls and now insists on sleeping with a rather funny looking one that she found at the dollar store (we were there letting Abby spend her tooth fairy money!) and just had to have, she would not put it down. She walks around all day with it tucked under her arm and telling everyone "My baby". Silly girl.

Paul has been quite busy around the place. He initiated a battle with the banister spindles and won last weekend! Who know that taking out the spindles, painting them white and putting them back in would be such an ordeal, it was, but non the less he emerged the victor (as he always does, just one of the reasons I love him!) and I LOVE the new, fresh, clean look that they provide.I then proceeded to sand down all the remaining wood and giving them a fresh coat of polyurethane- love that final look.
Now, starting last night, Paul has decided that all the cabinets in the kitchen could use a new coat of polly as well, so guess what we will be doing on Saturday? Yep, removing all the doors and giving them a face lift as well. Got to love a good project to keep everyone busy and happy!!

As for me I have just been doing all the things that I love. Running, swimming, biking, scraping, and playing with my girls. Last night I had my Dad come over and comment on all his pictures. You know, give me dates, names, back stories. It was fabulous and now I have some great pages coming his way!!

Last but not least here is the layout I did of Liv with her new bike. Love how this one turned out. I used AmyLeigh's kit "Happy Days kit" to put it together, no template mind you! It was picked as one of the outstanding layouts in the gallery over the weekend!Everyone have a great one!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

What a cute layout!

Your house looks awesome. That must have been a lot of hard work! But it is always great to see hard work look so good!

Love Liv's bike. I honestly didn't know that they made a bike without pedals?!!

P.S. I always LOVE reading your blog posts. ;)

JJ said...

I had wondered where you'd gone off to? :-) Actually, I do get those moments when I don't really have anything I particularly want anyone to read so I understand.

Your house looks amazing. When are you coming over to work on mine? I'd like a mantle over my fireplace, a deck, I need some painting done and a ton of spring cleaning/organizing. I'll expect you within the hour.

Great layout!

Audrey said...

Definately an outstanding layout! I just love the patterned papers you chose. I am scrap lifting for sure! Thanks. Your banisters are quite the project! and now cabinets? you are my heroes.

Kelly said...

I completely comiserate. I can't bring myself to update my blog either. I even have my half marathon to post, but I don't foresee that happening anytime soon. So be proud of yourself for updating yours! I always like to see what you are upto and it looks like a lot to me. Your banisters look amazing as do your pages!

Jennifer said...

Yes, I definitely understand just not feeling like blogging (or doing anything else, for that matter!) for a while! No worries. We're glad you gave us some updates this time around. I can't believe your talent--that page of Liv is incredible--and with no template! Good work, Bree! It definitely deserved to be showcased, in my opinion! And you're right, the fresh look that your banisters provide is great! I can't wait to come down and see it in person! Good luck with the cabinet project!

Paulene Davis said...

I know that I am one of the blogger slackers. I am so glad that you got the bike for Liv. She looks like she really likes it. Your new page is outstanding. I love all of the layers. GDS is going to miss you.

Linda Clark said...

Wow..loved all the updates on your girls and of course, the one on Paul. I always enjoy hearing about what he is doing. He is pretty handy. I will have to tell my kids about that little bike, that would solve a lot of the problems of learning the technique.

Amber said...

I loved hearing all the updates with everyone. (Not that I saw you a few days ago or anything but it's just fun to read about it too)! I love that bike- such a great idea!! And the fresh new spindles look awesome. Good luck with the upcoming projects. The new page is adorable too. I love the flowers and the white strings and the journal border!