Monday, April 14, 2008

Project Dad

Some of you may know that I have accepted a job, well not really a JOB but more of a happy project, from my family to put together a Shutterfly book for my Dad of his mission. I just realized about a week ago that the idea is to give it to him on Father's day and that date is speedily approaching!! So I have put my own albums on hold, not hard since I am basically caught up(now you get to wince Audrey, hee hee!), and dive into this project, aside from putting out a layout for GDS about twice a week anyway!! So here is a sneak peek at the first couple of layouts I have done. I have decided to keep them very simple so that the photo's can do all the talking, because honestly people, they are great!! He served his mission from 1969- 1971 in Samoa. I can not believe the beauty of that place, and that his slides have held up so well over the years. I still need him to come over and comment about them so that I can include some of his thoughts and memories, but here you go:

Over all I am loving this project and if any of you have advice, or links to ideas that would help me in keeping the pages fresh and unique do let me know. This is my first ever "vintage" book.
Back to scrapping!!

9 comments:

Linda Clark said...

What a wonderful project that will be cherished for a life time and have so much love in each page. Thanks for the preview and happy scrapping!

Audrey said...

Oh these photos do speak for themselves, and your color choice really accents them! That sunset is stunning, and I LOVE the car page. What a gift of love!

Tamarynn Leigh said...

I love it! I am so insanely jealous of your talent. Everytime I see a page, I just love it. They seriously all look so good, and I love the simplicity of them. It really makes the pictures jump out. In the last page, I think your dad looks so much like Kelly...it's crazy!

Amber said...

This is such a great project! I love the cars page with the brown and green. I also love all the titles on the pages. It will be fun to see the finished product.

Jessica said...

I love how the layouts look complete, but they're very simple. Great work! Your dad will love it!!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness! I can't wait to see this finished product! I can't believe how much Jay looks like Kelly in that last layout! Wow--he's really going to LOVE these, Bree! Good job!

Michelle said...

Awesome pages Bree! It is amazing how you can do perfect pages with any subject matter.... I think you are a professional!

I am amazed at how much your young dad looks like your brother, Trace-but with brown hair.

Paulene Davis said...

Your "vintage" work is very impressive. I love the choice of colors and the choice of photos. You can tell that this truly is a labor of love. A wonderful idea for a book and Fathers day gift.

Jill said...

I love this idea, and your dad will absolutely love it. I can't wait to see it. The sunset pic is amazing!