Thursday, April 10, 2008

Abby's Big Event

Last Saturday it was discovered that Abby had a loose tooth. She was so excited about this that she told everyone that she came in contact with for the next several days. Every moment of the day she was wiggling it, and reminding me that she did in fact have a loose tooth, just in case I had forgotten!
By Wednesday morning it was pretty close to coming out so Paul set to work convincing her that he should tie a string around it and the door to get it out. She was pretty excited about this idea until it was all hooked up and then she had second thoughts (really who could blame her, I wouldn't want to do it either!), non the less she was brave and Paul slammed the door, only to find that it hadn't been tied securely to the tooth and therefore slipped off without dislodging the tooth. So, second round began, this time her nerves got the better of her and she refused to do it. After some more father-daughter pep talking it was resolved that her treasured blankie would be a great help and it was placed over the tooth and Paul pulled it out in one quick pull!
Here is the very happy and proud girl with her new gap in the lower row of teeth!

She then decided that she wanted to take it to school on Friday for show and tell, but she still wanted the Tooth Fairy to come- what is a Five year old to do? Naturally a note was written informing the Fairy that while she wished permission to keep the tooth until a later date, she did still want the money!! She knows what is important!!

So one milestone down, twenty million to go!!

8 comments:

Amber said...

What a brave little girl! I would never let anyone touch my loose teeth. I didn't lose my first one until second grade, and by the time I started losing one, they all started to come out. Let's just say I had many holes in my mouth for a couple years. Did you get the bike? When your dad and brother got it off the ceiling, I realized how flat the tires were. I hope they don't have holes in them... I haven't ridden it for about a year ;-[

daherfamily said...

congrats abby! that is so exciting.
em

JJ said...

What a brave little girl and how big you already are to be losing a tooth. Congratulations! So, how generous is your tooth fairy?

Michelle said...

Abby is awesome! I wouldn't let anyone touch or look at a loose tooth when I was little. I just wiggled it myself until it poped out.

I had this great tooth fairy pillow where the tooth would be kept until I got the $$$ from the tooth fairy.

Congrats Abby and I hope that you get lots of money.

Audrey said...

Oh congrats to Abby! and what a kind toothfairy. Amanda has all her teeth in a special jar. I won't tell you where she gets that!

Paulene Davis said...

I know that Abby was very proud of her tooth. This is really a big step in growing up. I loved spending time with the girls this week.

Linda Clark said...

What a brave girl. That is the two methods that we used with stubborn teeth...the string and the door and/or a quick, "let me see that tooth" and a quick yank.
Isn't it wonderful that kids still believe in the tooth fairy.

Jennifer said...

Wow, Abby! It's a good thing the tooth fairy understands these things; my girls always have to write a note asking to keep their tooth because their mommy wants it to go in their baby books! She's getting so big!