Thursday, April 29, 2010

This is IT!!!

I have been away from my computer for almost a week- I feel completely out of touch with everyone. It was all for good reason though- the bathroom renovation is complete!!!! COMPLETE I tell you! I am the single person finishing crew so I had lots to do, but the tools have been put away, the dust has been cleared and we are in working business!!

Lets review so we can all see the amazing transformation:

Framing (this also involved closing in the utilities, building the drop down for the duct work and moving the entrance door)

-->Plumbing, electrical (He set the shower drain, moved the toilet and the fresh air intake)

-->Insulation, Drywall and Texture -->Painting(Doesn't he remind you of Monty Python!)

-->Ditra Moisture Layer -->Tiling the floors (Paul made the cuts and I laid) -->After rolling on the moisture barrier we Tiled the Shower (I made the cuts and Paul laid)Abby actually picked out the accent tile and couldn't have been more happy about it!-->Then came the finish carpentry, paint touch ups, cabinets, toilet, old washer and dryer back in place, and the sewing of the window and shower curtain, followed up by decorations and then

--> COMPLETION!!
A tremendous thank you goes out to Paul for making all my dreams come true- he is the best! I just couldn't be more thrilled, the room just oozes with happiness!

Two bathrooms down, one to go, but I think we are going to tackle the family room first. I have visions flowing around in my brain again, resistance is futile!!!

14 comments:

Sarah F. said...

BREE! It is gorgeous! I LOVE it! Will you come decorate my house???

Jennifer said...

Hooray! It's finally finished! And, it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!

Randy said...

I LOVE IT!! It really looks so happy and fun. The colors and decor are great!! You must feel so proud that you did it all yourselves and it is awesome! I know I would be so pleased with myself if I had done what you just did...jealous.

Hillary Brown said...

awesome bree! what an accomplishment! it looks great and i absolutely LOVE the colors!

JJ said...

Wow! Really. That's all I have. Wow! It's beautiful!

Tina DeWitt said...

LOVE it! And I can't believe all the work...amazing job. I love the decor - it goes so well with the rest of your home!

Laura said...

It is SOOO cute! I love the shower and window curtains! You guys did a great job!

Brooke said...

OH my goodness! You are WAY too talented. I love the little hanging rod above the washer and dryer. And you sewed those curtains??? The room is so sunny and bright. I love the bright palette!

Kelly said...

I absolutely L-O-V-E the bathroom/laundry room!! You guys did a great job. I want it in my house, gorgeous colors, so bright and cheerful. I bet doing laundry isn't so bad now? Congrats.

Michelle said...

I LOVE IT! Great job on the sewing - it makes the two pieces coordinate so well!

Can't wait to come over and see it in person. :)

Jill said...

It is such a happy room! Congrats on all your hard work, it is so nice to have the current project over, and so fun to be able to focus on the next!!

Amber said...

I love greeeeeen!! It is so great. It makes me want to come over, bring my laudry, put it in the washer, brush my teeth, use the potty, and take a shower!!

Julie Wise said...

It's absolutely beautiful Bree! Way to go. You and Paul are an inspiration. You remind me of Scot and I back in the day. I need to channel some of that motivation and creativity. Love it!

Hildie said...

Love that green! What color is it? Seriously!